Am I crazy?? Can you have too many cruises booked?

Wanna_Cruize

So, I thought we had about finished cruising for 2014. Got 3 short cruises in, one early in the year, two in late summer/fall. We tend to cruise off-season because it's cheaper. We generally stick to the west-coast cruises because DH hates to fly.

Then, I realized we had a Future Cruise Certificate from NCL we got in early 2011 that was going to expire soon. By the time I added extra costs in potential flights and hotels to try a different itinerary available with NCL, the only one that really fit well was the Mexican Riviera over New Year's. Gee, darn. So, we booked that.

Then, we got offered the special $25 Inside / $35 OV special rate for the 2n Imagination. Since we already had the one at the end of December, I booked us for the one at the end of January. Oh, and I got one of the sideways inside cabins that I was interested in seeing. That's 2.

Then, after ruminating on it for another couple of days, the offer was still available, so we booked the other 2n cruise on Imagination for Dec. 18th. That's right, just 10 days before our NCL cruise. I splurged and got the OV for $35 each. After all, it also came with $50 OBC. That's 3.

Yesterday, we got offered the Pack & Play rate. I found a cruise that leaves at the end of February on Miracle 7n Mexican Riviera in an Extended Balcony for $120/pp - with $100 OBC. Oh, and not only an extended balcony, but one of the 'bowling alley' cabins on the Veranda deck. You had better believe I jumped on that one also. That's 4 cruises in the next 90 days.

My Name is Wanna_Cruize and I'm a Cruise-aholic...

I'll have done 17 cruises this year with 4 being 14 or longer days. On Monday it will be cruise 100 for me. I am picky about the itineraries, so easily passed on the same above cheap offers above. :) Next year, I only have 4 cruises currently booked, but do usually sail every month and like to late book. :)

I'll have done 17 cruises this year with 4 being 14 or longer days. On Monday it will be cruise 100 for me. I am picky about the itineraries, so easily passed on the same above cheap offers above. :) Next year, I only have 4 cruises currently booked, but do usually sail every month and like to late book. :)

Wow 17 cruises in one year, now that is a lot. I did meet an older guy a few years ago he lives on cruises ships as a passenger. Early on he said it was expensive but he learned to save money and because he cruises so much Carnival does give him deals but what they are he did not say. I go on two per year and I think that is enough but every body is different and able to afford it which is the bottom line. Have Fun!!!!!!!

Gary

I don't understand why someone would go on a 2 nt cruise? It would just be getting started and time to get off the ship. Maybe if I lived in Fla, it would be a weekend getaway.

Exactly. We live on California, just over 1hr to the port. Let me see, $50 for 1 dinner, or a 2n cruise. Granted, we still have to pay taxes & port fees. The shortest one we've done before is 3n, and I know it's going to go by in a blink, but I'm still on a boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This year I took 7, next year will be 8 cruises. You really can't ever have too many booked unless your the person who recently sailed for 33 b2b.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

33 b2b's?:eek:

Now that's something!

Would love to meet them, and discuss their adventures!:D

Nice!

Not as long as you have the time available and can afford it. If I were retired and wealthy I would go on probably 6 to 8 a year. :D

Rich no.

I do cheap - inside and 1A's. Like the port hole rooms.

I had a huge yard sale this summer. got rid of a bunch of junk that I didn't want to dust anymore and clothes I can't wear.

More than made the cost of my b2b's that I traveled on in Oct. Booked during the no solo supplement sales.

So for about 2k I did 5 weeks solo. 2 were premiere and cheaper - but still the other 3 weeks - I did stay in the cheap rooms. 4 of 5 of those were port holes. The 5th cabin was aft inside on first floor.

2k is less than some pay for a balcony - so it's how you want to do it.

Edited by tbbtravels

Rich no.

I do cheap - inside and 1A's. Like the port hole rooms.

I had a huge yard sale this summer. got rid of a bunch of junk that I didn't want to dust anymore and clothes I can't wear.

More than made the cost of my b2b's that I traveled on in Oct. Booked during the no solo supplement sales.

So for about 2k I did 5 weeks solo. 2 were premiere and cheaper - but still the other 3 weeks - I did stay in the cheap rooms. 4 of 5 of those were port holes. The 5th cabin was aft inside on first floor.

2k is less than some pay for a balcony - so it's how you want to do it.

Enjoy the Dream, Tina!

I have six cruises booked between now and March. :o Most are quick 3-4 nighters, with a two-week sailing for good measure.

I don't understand why someone would go on a 2 nt cruise? It would just be getting started and time to get off the ship. Maybe if I lived in Fla, it would be a weekend getaway.

I jumped on the 2nt platinum offer in January - I was already booked on the sailing immediately preceding it, so the 2-nighter makes it a B2B. No-brainer. :D

Perhaps a two night repositioning cruise may be used as a mode of transportation between Canada and California. Combined with a single night repositioning cruise from Seattle, one could essentially cruise twice and have three separate in a time period of their choosing in May or September.

Edited by Baymax

We have B2B2B2B cruises booked for Feb/March. First on Glory, inside cabin, next 2 on Breeze, cove balcony, and last on Splendor for the Journey concert, inside cabin. We like only paying one airfare for 4 cruises. We will be sailing for 28 days. I wish we could do more!;)