Virgin Cruises Confirmed

I see Virgin Cruises has now been confirmed. Sailing two new build ships. Be interesting to see what sort of product they may offer. Got a feeling they will do rather well.

Are they targeting the UK or American market Sailaway? Any info on size of ships? Will be very interesting to see what market share they will pitch at also where they will slot into the hierarchy from budget to luxury - probably not high end but with new ships they could certainly mix things up a bit. Wonder too where they will base themselves.

Are they targeting the UK or American market Sailaway? Any info on size of ships? Will be very interesting to see what market share they will pitch at also where they will slot into the hierarchy from budget to luxury - probably not high end but with new ships they could certainly mix things up a bit. Wonder too where they will base themselves.

Head office is going to be based in Miami so I'm guessing they'll be going for an international market like RCL and Carnival.

No info yet on the ships, but there is a quote saying

“They’ll be sailing on the latest ships offering a great quality, a real sense of fun and many exciting activities all delivered with the famed Virgin service.”

Sounds like a cross between Ocean Village, RCL and TUI Cruises. If so, then I think they're probably onto a winner. Plus, I would bet they will use their Virgin Atlantic flights to promote UK cruisers to try them out around the Caribbean.

Edited by Sailaway487

head office is going to be based in miami so i'm guessing they'll be going for an international market like rcl and carnival.

No info yet on the ships, but there is a quote saying

“they’ll be sailing on the latest ships offering a great quality, a real sense of fun and many exciting activities all delivered with the famed virgin service.”

sounds like a cross between ocean village, rcl and tui cruises. If so, then i think they're probably onto a winner. Plus, i would bet they will use their virgin atlantic flights to promote uk cruisers to try them out around the caribbean.

by then toms will have ms 1 and ms 2 and there 7 b787-8s let battle commense :d

....agreed, and Virgin don't fly from Newcastle

BUT and it's a big but .....I think it's the ships we may be struggling with.:rolleyes::D:D

But their Virgin Bank HQ is at Newcastle so maybe they will start. I'm not sure which airline is going to be doing direct flights to New York from Newcastle next summer. Will check it out. :rolleyes:

But their Virgin Bank HQ is at Newcastle . :rolleyes:

Most of these "Virgin" branded companies are a franchise to use the well known Virgin Brand, and have very little to do with the Virgin company itself.

Not all Virgin branded products do well.

Think cosmetics and Cola.

Am sure there are others that have also failed through the years.

A Virgin cruise, sounds more Carnival than RCCL.

Maybe should not be compared to Thomson or OV, as they have much older ships and a very loyal customer base.

But the more cruise brands out there, the better.

Competition is always good.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Passing wind after eating several bananas. It gets me every time

But their Virgin Bank HQ is at Newcastle so maybe they will start. I'm not sure which airline is going to be doing direct flights to New York from Newcastle next summer. Will check it out. :rolleyes:

Been told its United airlines flying direct from Newcastle, think they also work in partnership with Virgin so could be interesting.

Do you think we'll get discount if we're customers?;):D

Somebody correct me if wrong - Virgin Bank is the rebrand of the old Northern Rock which went bust and was taken over by Branson's outfit.

I doubt there is any direct link with Virgin airlines.