Booking Future cruises

retiredbrit

I am sure this has been answered elsewhere but I cant locate a recent thread.

We are on Sapphire sailing 18 Dec, I am thinking of booking another cruise on Saphire while on board. I know which cruise I want and the sailing date.

I believe we would get $150 pp on board credit and a reduced deposit of $75 pp.

Is there likely to be any further discount offered by the ship?

I believe I can nominate my usual travel agent at the time and they will receive their normal commission from Princess.

I would expect my TA to give me their normal discount when I got home.

I believe that if I want a particular cabin by booking on board the ship can / may juggle the cabin numbers if there are a number of guaranteed cabins involved.

I have also been told this would only apply if I will be using the same TA for both the cruise I am on and the new one (I hope that makes sense)

Which is best ship or TA booking

thanks Alan

We always buy a future cruise deposit (FCC) By filling in the form at the future cruise desk. This gets registered within a day or so. Then you are able to use this to book a cruise using the FCC which is basically your deposit and also gives some on board credit depending on what type of cabin you book. I have not known of any further reduction/on board credit being given in addition to the FCC. You can transfer your booking to your travel agent.

Hope this helps

Jackie.

We are on Sapphire sailing 18 Dec, I am thinking of booking another cruise on Saphire while on board. I know which cruise I want and the sailing date.

I believe I can nominate my usual travel agent at the time and they will receive their normal commission from Princess.

I believe that if I want a particular cabin by booking on board the ship can / may juggle the cabin numbers if there are a number of guaranteed cabins involved.

I have also been told this would only apply if I will be using the same TA for both the cruise I am on and the new one (I hope that makes sense)

thanks Alan

You do not have to use the same TA and you do not have to designate any TA when booking. You will always get a better price from your discount TA.

If prices go down you can always request a refare, whether it's with your own TA or with the company. If you know what you want, book it now. And buy extra FCC's.

Not sure I understand what you mean by juggling guarantees. A guarantee is still a guarantee in that designated catagory. Sometimes you get an immediate assignment; sometimes you don't get one until close to cruise time. You never have to use the same TA.

thanks Alan

FCD means a reduced deposit of $100. (Not $75)

OBC amount depend on what class of cabin you book.

There is no $$ advantage to booking onboard vs waiting until after your cruise.

thanks Alan

The deposit paid is £75 per person. The OBC ranges from $15 for a 3-6 day cruise to $150 for 17+ day cruise.

You can book on board via Princess direct or you can have it go through your TA. If you choose Princess direct you can later transfer it to whichever TA you wish.

Also buy some other FCC's (Future Cruise Credits) for £75 so that when you get home and in a few months time want to book another cruise you can take advantage of the lower deposit and OBC. If you do not use them you can get your money refunded. Win win situation.

Not sure what you mean by juggling cabins, just choose the cabin number you want.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

There is no $$ advantage to booking onboard vs waiting until after your cruise.
Unless the price goes up before you get home. If the price is good, I will book on the ship directly with Princess. When I get home, I contact my travel agent to see if he can do better. Sometimes the price goes up. Even then, I can transfer the booking to him at the original price and he'll get the commission. Edited by geoherb

many thanks for the helpful replies especially as I now understand it is the reduced deposit and OBC that you get by booking on board not further discounts.

I an considering booking a 21 day cruise on Sapphire, 18 Dec 2015 to 8 Jan 2016 round trip from Singapore. It calls in to Singapore mid cruise and ends at Singapore

Looking at departure dates shown within this cruise period ie 18 Dec to 8 Jan Sapphire is doing the following variations

Dec 11 for 18 days, Dec 14 for 15 days, Dec 29 for 10 days, Dec 29 for 21 days.

Princess sales told me because it is several shorter cruises combined a lot of cabins are on allocation (cabin numbers not given to passengers) and they can be juggled to suit the full 21 day passengers.

we will wait and see

Alan

Just a note. You can just get an open booking. You can then use it to book a cruise at a later date either through Princess or your travel agent. That's what we do and it works great. And if for some reason you don't take a cruise (fat chance) they give you your money back.