Cruise for sale due to ill health, Oceana 2nd Jan

rubydoobydoo

Hi

I am not sure if this is allowed or not but I have been asked to post for someone who is no longer able to go on their cruise due to ill health and they are not covered by insurance as it is an existing condition

P and O will not let them transfer to a later date

Oceana 24 nights Caribbean sailing on 2nd January 2015

Balcony cabin including £500 on board credit, they are asking £3000 total

P and O need the change of names by late Monday I believe so I would appreciate it if anyone knows the best way to go about this

Thanks

Janis

Apparently P and O have confirmed that all OBC will be transferred and all they need is the names of the 2 new passengers taking the cabin, they have agreed no admin charge. Whoever might want to buy this cruise can confirm all this themselves with P and O is is all genuine, the lady is now unable to go herself

Great bargain if someone had 24 days free, shame I can't take it

Good on P&O.

When my hubby's mum was terminally ill - with few days left -about 10 yrs ago we had paid for our Thomson land holiday in full. We contacted them to be told that we could not give the holiday away and that the only change we could make was to keep me as a lead passenger and take someone else with me.

As if you would go and leave your husband at home in such circumstances !

It was a very distressing time and we lost a £1500 holiday ( a decade ago so a lot of money )

At the time we were so distressed re the loss of a parent that we didn't think about it too much.

Looking back I still get cross that we were not able to even give away a holiday that we had paid for in full.

It is good to see that P&O seem to have a soul.

Best wishes to your friend and I hope that someone is able to take advantage of this.

Edited by Presto2

Sorry to hear of your friends friend problem not allowing them to go cruising. However it Seems rather a lot for a last minute sell. You can get a balcony for just about that price on a late booking, I know I would rather book direct with a TA rather than deal with someone I did not know even if I'd did not get the obc or to pick my dining. For me to go for a deal like this it would have to be really well priced.

No offence ment,

You may have a good point about the price, as I said it is a friend of a friend so I don't know the full details, I was just asked if I would ask here to find the best way they could recoup some money

On further enquiries they paid £6,000, not a saver fare, I have no idea how much you can get the cruise for now ?

I don't think they are going to have much luck though as a 24 night cruise has a very limited market

Such a shame the insurance won't cover them

Thanks for all your comments though

Sorry but that sounds a little ungrateful.

Your friend was going to get nothing so she asked for a buyer, gave a price, and should be absolutely delighted. Your comment, I felt, was putting the buyer down a little.

All involved should be really happy

Your friend was going to get nothing so she asked for a buyer, gave a price, and should be absolutely delighted. Your comment, I felt, was putting the buyer down a little.

I didn't see it as an ungrateful comment. Just a fact!

I am sure the lady who sold the cruise and the buyer were both delighted, why would I sound ungrateful I was just stating that the cruise was sold and someone was lucky enough to get it at less than half price, I am just pleased it didn't go to waste and both parties benefitted

No need to over analyse things, all in involed are happy and I am happy I could try to help out :)