Pictures of Spirit

RuthlessBoss

She's a wonderful ship. Very beautiful woodwork throughout, not seen on newer ships.

I noticed that, kind of had an old world look. I'm hoping to book her just for the experience. I got off Getaway recently, loved her, but still anxious to experience this one. I kind of hate to say this, but she looks a bit like in the Titanic movie with all the wood and old design. I also like people saying it's not too big.

The Spirit actually comes to Port Canaveral in November of 2015 I believe. It at least better be there in December 2015 when we are set to sail. In addition to the pics listed above, there is a thread on page one from a user like "tmackel" that has quite a few current pictures.

The Spirit is one of my favorite smaller ships in the fleet. She is so different than all of the others and I love her Asian flare.

My pictures are located HERE. Sorry a lot of them are my family (since it was the first cruise we took our youngest on), but if you scroll, you'll find a lot of the ship. :)

The Spirit actually comes to Port Canaveral in November of 2015 I believe. It at least better be there in December 2015 when we are set to sail. In addition to the pics listed above, there is a thread on page one from a user like "tmackel" that has quite a few current pictures.

I thought I had read about it coming in November, but after I read it, I saw an ad with sailings in January. Thanks, now I know I'm not crazy:D

I hope as time nears that some deal will come along without a solo supplement. It's a real pooper when there is no one near that enjoys cruising like I do. I have one of those rewards certificate burning in my pocket.

The Spirit is the smallest ship in the NCL fleet, and one of a kind, (no sister ship). We enjoyed it, although we much prefer the larger ships with more to do. The kids area at the back of the ship is great, and so is the big round lounge at the front (can't remember the name.)

The Spirit is one of my favorite smaller ships in the fleet. She is so different than all of the others and I love her Asian flare.

My pictures are located HERE. Sorry a lot of them are my family (since it was the first cruise we took our youngest on), but if you scroll, you'll find a lot of the ship. :)

Thanks so much. I'm psyched!

Thanks so much. I'm psyched!

Hi i was reading your post about the NCL Spirit...Do you also sail Solo? I do all the time...but it is also nice sailing with someone, or knowing of someone sailing the same itinerary.... Right now i am booked on the NCL Gem for the December 13, 2015 sailing out of NYC doing a 10 night sailing to the Caribbean... I was looking at the photos of the Spirit...and came across your post...

I am going to book the spirit for the January 2016 sailing...again i will be sailing solo, and it would be really nice, knowing someone will be sailing this date as well.... I just love to cruise, and i just cannot find someone to sail with me, that enjoys cruising as much as i do...

It would be very nice to hear back from you...

take care,

Cathy

Hi i was reading your post about the NCL Spirit...Do you also sail Solo? I do all the time...but it is also nice sailing with someone, or knowing of someone sailing the same itinerary.... Right now i am booked on the NCL Gem for the December 13, 2015 sailing out of NYC doing a 10 night sailing to the Caribbean... I was looking at the photos of the Spirit...and came across your post...

I am going to book the spirit for the January 2016 sailing...again i will be sailing solo, and it would be really nice, knowing someone will be sailing this date as well.... I just love to cruise, and i just cannot find someone to sail with me, that enjoys cruising as much as i do...

It would be very nice to hear back from you...

take care,

Cathy

Curious. Are you living in Margate? I'm from St. Cloud, Fl. west of Melbourne.

Curious. Are you living in Margate? I'm from St. Cloud, Fl. west of Melbourne.

I use to live in Margate, for over 13 years....but i do not live there any longer... moved back to New York...but i still love to cruise...I will be taking a cruise December 13, 2015 on the Norweigian Gem for a ten night sailing to the caribbean... also i am taking the 2 night cruise to nowhere on the NCL Breakaway on December 11, 2015... so i will be going from one ship to the other...

As i said before, I love to cruise, and make it a point to cruise at least twice a year... my plans for 2016 is i would like to take the NCL Spirit when it comes to Port Canaveral... The interior of the ship looks absolutely goregous.... I like the wood designing, as it makes it feel more warm.. If you are thinking about cruising on the NCL Spirit please let me know... It is nice to meet someone onboard...

Take Care,

Cathy

Definitely our least favourite ship, but we choose cruises for the itinerary and the embarking port as we usually spend time there, pre or post cruise. We were on the Spirit out of New Orleans and had a great time -also a fun CD, and we had a great time in all of the ports. We remember that holiday with great memories. We are also about to sail n the Spirit again in January as we like the itinerary-Casablanca and the Canaries. So while it isn't our favourite ship-(just our opinion) old, tacky décor. That doesn't stop us having a great time!

I use to live in Margate, for over 13 years....but i do not live there any longer... moved back to New York...but i still love to cruise...I will be taking a cruise December 13, 2015 on the Norweigian Gem for a ten night sailing to the caribbean... also i am taking the 2 night cruise to nowhere on the NCL Breakaway on December 11, 2015... so i will be going from one ship to the other...

As i said before, I love to cruise, and make it a point to cruise at least twice a year... my plans for 2016 is i would like to take the NCL Spirit when it comes to Port Canaveral... The interior of the ship looks absolutely goregous.... I like the wood designing, as it makes it feel more warm.. If you are thinking about cruising on the NCL Spirit please let me know... It is nice to meet someone onboard...

Take Care,

Cathy

Goodness, have you checked pricing yet? I guess they are planning major bookings because of it being "new blood" at Canaveral. Pricing will be a factor.

In October, as we were getting ready to board Dawn in Boston, our PCC called (this was one of the last days of the 10% offer) and we ended up spur-of-the-moment booking Spirit out of Port Canaveral 2/20-27/2016! I usually research a ship and the stateroom options thoroughly before I book, but our PCC just happened to catch me at a weak moment and I booked the cruise in an SG! :o

The more I learn about Spirit, the more excited I am for our cruise! :D The HD & other crew and passengers we spoke to on Dawn gave Spirit glowing reviews!

The photos of her are beautiful! Thank you to everyone here who posted links! :)

The Spirit is a unique ship - maybe not for everyone, but we just loved sailing on her from Boston to Bermuda in 2010. The asian touches, lovely atrium and teak promenade added to our enjoyment of the cruise.

Vicki's Mom - sure you will love the experience of sailing on the Spirit--have a great cruise.:)

In October' date=' as we were getting ready to board Dawn in Boston, our PCC called (this was one of the last days of the 10% offer) and we ended up spur-of-the-moment booking Spirit out of Port Canaveral 2/20-27/2016! I usually research a ship and the stateroom options thoroughly before I book, but our PCC just happened to catch me at a weak moment and I booked the cruise in an SG! :o

The more I learn about Spirit, the more excited I am for our cruise! :D The HD & other crew and passengers we spoke to on Dawn gave Spirit glowing reviews!

The photos of her are beautiful! Thank you to everyone here who posted links! :)[/quote']

We have cruised the spirit before on a 10 night canary Islands cruise out of Barcelona. Had a great time - she is a great ship and wet had no complaints (other than the weather could have been a bit warmer! )

We too are in the cruise you have booked. ....... As well as the one after -well when you're traveling all the way from the UK back to back seems only fair :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app