Just off Oasis 11/29/14

Just got in from our cruise on the Oasis.

I gotta say that i was very impressed with the ship and exceeded every expectation i had in regards to how it was designed and the crowd flow.

We had cabin 12325. had booked 11329 but we were moved because they said there would be construction during our cruise but as it turned out there was somebody in the cabin i was moved from. I was given $100 for the move.

Our cruise was rocky the first couple of days with the best weather being the 2 days we were in St Thomas and St Maarten.

If i remember correctly the Captain said we had swells from 10-14 feet and wind gust up to 60 mph. the one day they closed the top deck off due to the winds. we saw loungers blown into the pool.

Ride coming back to Port Everglades was smother thankfully.

The only downside was the MDR food. The menus were very blah except for the 2 formal nights which were very good.

We ate 2 nights at Sabor which was fantastic and 3 nights in the Windjammer.

I hope Sabor becomes more popular as it was a ghost town all week with the waiters having nothing to do. i wonder if it's the location of the restaurant as the seafood Shack which it replaced wasn't too popular either from what i have heard.

The food and service was excellent and the cost was minimal I thought I had the wrong receipts.

The shows were excellent except for Cats. Only made it to intermission and we left.

Both my wife and i were both falling asleep during the performance.

I would rate the shows from best to worst as:

Ice show

Come Fly with me

Comedy live

Headliner - Paul Boland

Aqua Theater

Cats

Bill

Bill we ate at Sabor also for lunch one day I think Thursday just the wife and I. It was deserted except for us and another table. We really enjoyed it. We saw all the shows except Cats. The entertainment is really good on this ship.

One other thing about Sabor. The little round bar outside I got a margarita and got some sticker shock. $12 and there was a lot of ice in it. Glad the wife and I split one but I got about 3 sips out of it. It was good but not worth it.

One other thing about Sabor. The little round bar outside I got a margarita and got some sticker shock. $12 and there was a lot of ice in it. Glad the wife and I split one but I got about 3 sips out of it. It was good but not worth it.

OMG, yes those margaritas were way overpriced. Walt and I each ordered one and I about choked when I saw the price. The food was priced well, but the margaritas were too expensive to be mostly ice.

Look at all that ice!

IMG_2926_zps6773cffd.jpg

Lisa

OMG, yes those margaritas were way overpriced. Walt and I each ordered one and I about choked when I saw the price. The food was priced well, but the margaritas were too expensive to be mostly ice.

Look at all that ice!

IMG_2926_zps6773cffd.jpg

Lisa

Yes way overpriced. Will know better next time. I'm sorry I didn't know you that day in the aqua theater. My son noticed when we walked to the shuffleboard courts. He doesn't miss a thing and remembers everybody's face. I'm terrible with that. I talked to Walt though and said you were going on the all access tour. I saw it in your review. Looks like you saw lots of interesting features on the ship.