Wine Box

voyagerII

Every guest age 21 and over is permitted to bring one bottle of wine aboard to enjoy in their cabin without corkage fee charged. Any additional bottles may be brought but they are charged $18 per bottle corkage no matter where you choose to drink it.

I have done it numerous times on other cruise lines. You can find 3 liter boxes these days. We put it in our checked luggage and it was delivered a couple hours later just in time for sail away. I have taken a 5 liter box on before. It was a tad bit cumbersome.......Go for it

Heading for the MS Maasdam this week and wondering if anyone has place in their checked luggage at the pier a 5 liter box of wine for cabin use and did it arrive at said cabin? Thanks in advance for comments!

It is pretty much a "rum runner" but filled with wine. I have heard of people taking it out of the box and being creative. The bladder is pretty strong as I do drink boxed wine at home and cook with it. I, myself have never tried it, but I would put it in a large ziplock bag and roll it in a sweatshirt if you try it.:cool:

From HAL's site:

Revised Policy effective 1/31/14

Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. This bottle will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) in carry-on luggage are welcome, but will incur a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard. Holland America Line reserves the right to remove all alcoholic beverages from any guest luggage that violates this policy. Any alcoholic beverage found will be removed and returned on the last evening of the voyage. Guests will not receive any monetary compensation for alcoholic beverages that were removed from luggage.

Wine and champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) purchased in ports of call are welcome to be brought onboard subject to a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Alternatively guests can choose to have these bottles stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge.

All other alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls as well as all alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge.

In-Room Dining offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages (a 15% Service Charge on all beverage items and packages with beverages will be added).

Updated: 01/30/2014

Remember that bottles of wine you bring onto the ship on Embarkation day must be in your carry-on.

I just don't get it, you pay a lot of money for your cruise but you want to smuggle wine on board, please....just pay the corkage fee and don't take the chance of either spilling it all over your cloths or having it confiscate.

Edited by PathfinderEss

I attempted to take a photograph of the warning sign by the VIP lounge at FLL but was stopped by Security.

The sign stated that failure to declare required items is grounds for denying boarding.

So its a question of risk and reward to try sneaking alcohol on board. Would be a shame to lose the money paid for a cruise.

All luggage is screened. You will probably have it taken at embarkation and maybe you'll get it back at the end of the cruise. I'm certain that you will be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny in any case....not only for this voyage, but for years to come.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

Last cruise a friend we were travelling with decided to drop a bag at the last minute that she was going to carry on. She had put her allowed bottle of wine in it. She got it back on the last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just go to Target and buy some of the cubes. We have done it on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Celebrity & Holland America. They are only interested in looking for bottles. We have never had a problem with the wine cubes.

Edited by Theodorable

I attempted to take a photograph of the warning sign by the VIP lounge at FLL but was stopped by Security.

The sign stated that failure to declare required items is grounds for denying boarding.

So its a question of risk and reward to try sneaking alcohol on board. Would be a shame to lose the money paid for a cruise.

I wonder why security would stop you from taking a photo of a sign. What Security risk would that present?

Just go to Target and buy some of the cubes. We have done it on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Celebrity & Holland America. They are only interested in looking for bottles. We have never had a problem with the wine cubes.

I don't think they are available for purchase in Target stores in all states. Not likely one can buy them in Massachusetts.

Never heard of a wine cube. The Target store in Richmond sucks. There is no customer service per se so you wonder and wonder looking for stuff. I've given up on them. Really miss Zellers.

I wonder why security would stop you from taking a photo of a sign. What Security risk would that present?

The entire area, building included is a "secure area" No pictures of anything and no cell plone use. The security/customs guards were quite busy as we were waiting to board our last cruise. It all stems from 9/11

Edited by Ocean Dancer

The entire area, building included is a "secure area" No pictures of anything and no cell plone use. The security/customs guards were quite busy as we were waiting to board our last cruise. It all stems from 9/11

Thanks for the explanation.

We've sailed so many times from Port Everglades since 9-11 but I never noticed anything about not using cell phones etc. :o I likely violated the rules. :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

Never heard of a wine cube. The Target store in Richmond sucks. There is no customer service per se so you wonder and wonder looking for stuff. I've given up on them. Really miss Zellers.

Target in Richmond or Coquitlam doesn't sell any wine so we just go to Bellingham to get ours. They have small 1 litre ones or larger 3 litre boxes. The wine is absolutely fine. Take up very little room in a suitcase. Never go into Target here....don't know how they are going to survive. I agree about Zellers. Also, try Fred Myers in Bellingham...they have all sorts of difference shapes and sizes for boxes of wine.

Edited by Theodorable

You've just alerted them. Now they will be:)

You've just alerted them. Now they will be:)

I was thinking the same thing. :D

Memo: Security:

When checking for contraband and sneaking of alcohol, be aware some are packing boxes of wine in their checked suitcases......... blah blah blah. :D :D