Boarding Suggestions

voyagerII

Cabins are usually ready fairly early so get on board for lunch and start to enjoy the ship. We usually head over to the cruise port around 10:30 and are on board before noon - just depends on how quickly passengers get processed.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would plan to arrive around 10:45-11:00 if I wanted to be in the first rush of passengers. I would head there closer to 12:30 if I wanted to wait until that initial rush had died down. I wouldn't want to get there much later than 1:15, due to all those pesky little tasks that have to be done on embarkation day. I like to be unpacked before muster.

We leave our hotel at 11AM and head to port everglades. As Mariners, we want to take part in the embarkation lunch. We ignore the time printed on our signature boarding card.

I would not suggest going for 10h30 as the terminal supposedly doesn't even open until 11AM

Embarking this Friday @1600 hrs on MS Maasdam from Port Everglades with parking at Midport. Any thoughts on arrival time at the pier which looks to be adjacent to the parking garage?

Just be aware: the ship sails at 16:00 and you need to have embarked way before that!

This past Feb we did 21 days (B2B) on the Maasdam then walked our bags across the pier at 10am - gave them to the folks taking luggage and got on the Noordam for another 21 days (B2B). There were already others in the waiting area when we arrived. We are sailing out of FLL this coming Jan and plan to arrive at the terminal by 1030. We are 4 Star so can get on board in the first group and like to start enjoying our vacation and get to the MDR for the Mariner lunch.

We always try to arrive around 11:45.

If all has gone well, embarkation usually begins around 11:30.

Cabins are usually ready around 11:30 as well so that you can drop off your carry-ons, etc.

If you have sailed on HAL before, or on Princess, Cunard, Carnival, Seabourn, Costa or P&O, then you are a Mariner and can have lunch in the main dining room. Lunch is from Noon until 1:30.

Thank you for responding. May I ask, what are the advantages to dining in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day?

The main advantage is that you can enjoy a fairly quiet, nice lunch instead of the hectic Lido buffet area (which can be a zoo the first day). The MDR food quality is good, but the menu a bit limited.

DaveOKC