How long to wait for response from Concierge ?

Hi -

I sent an email to the Concierge Desk a week ago - asking for those things that we like to pre-order for our suite (thought it would be better than calling - better to have request in writing) - just small things like regular coffee instead of decaf - nothing really big

Also had some questions about shore excursions that we had booked. (more important stuff - like we needed to have golf clubs reserved for us to use !)

How long does one usually have to wait for a response ?

THANKS !!

They should have gotten back to you by now. I would call them. BTW, pre-concierge stuff tends to be hit and miss, so don't count on actually having your requests fulfilled prior to boarding.

yup - thought I'd follow-up with a phone-call in the morning...

Have always called before - and gotten EVERYTHING that we asked for - just thought "in writing" would be better this time...

(Surprised to hear your comment about "hit or miss"...

Thanks !!

Same here!! I sent an email 12/2 for a cruise on 1/4; no response so far. Following up tomorrow.

A

Update; I forwarded my original unanswered email to the desk again via email, asking if that perhaps my requests weren't possible and if they could just let me know, that would be great so I could plan accordingly. I also copied my unbelievably fabulous NCL PCC. I sent it rather late one evening, and had all my answers confirmed and reviewed in under 12 hours with an apology that I received multiple times. That is excellent service.

yup - thought I'd follow-up with a phone-call in the morning...

Have always called before - and gotten EVERYTHING that we asked for - just thought "in writing" would be better this time...

(Surprised to hear your comment about "hit or miss"...

Thanks !!

Reports on here since they started that program have been hit or miss.

Unfortunately, this is becoming more common. The last two times my emails went unanswered for more than a week, I forwarded the original email and asked for follow-up. Both times, the second email received a response in less than 24-hours.

Reports on here since they started that program have been hit or miss.

It's been a miss for me the last 3 cruises. I sent my email with my minimal requests, received a reply confirming our requests. None of the requests had been taken care of on board. I sent the same exact email for our upcoming Getaway cruise in January and have received confirmation of our requests. I hoping for the best but expecting the same as the past three cruises. It took no time at all to have the requests fulfilled once we boarded.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent email to Concierge 1 week ago, no response. Re-sent today, waiting. Good idea regarding contacting PCC, however I'm waiting on him to reply/call back also! PCC calls regularly though when we don't have a cruise booked. HA!:D

No worries...

I didn't receive a reply to my email either. I will take a wait and see attitude. If it has to be handled onboard, then I`ll apologize and show them the email I sent. (We are staying in one of the few suites that has beds that can be separated. On our last cruise in a suite, the cabin steward had a fit and insisted it couldn't be done until I showed him photos from the internet and the description from the ncl website. I was trying to avoid starting this cruise off on a negative note. I am hoping all will be well.

love2relax, here's one for ya: Our PCC has insisted to no end that our suite (12512) on the Dawn next week can only accommodate 4 (as opposed to 6) Because of that we also booked a balcony since we are 6. There is a youtube video showing this family suite where one can clearly see the bed, pull out sofa, AND the murphy bed that all at NCL say does not exist. No worries..it'll all be fine. If the suite is as pictured, The balcony cabin will be our baggage storage:D

love2relax, here's one for ya: Our PCC has insisted to no end that our suite (12512) on the Dawn next week can only accommodate 4 (as opposed to 6) Because of that we also booked a balcony since we are 6. There is a youtube video showing this family suite where one can clearly see the bed, pull out sofa, AND the murphy bed that all at NCL say does not exist. No worries..it'll all be fine. If the suite is as pictured, The balcony cabin will be our baggage storage:D

But the two booked in the balcony won't get suite benefits.

Of course, we are aware of that. More interested in square footage, not benefits. And it's an easy pill to swallow when presented with no other options for 6.

But they should get the benefits if there is actually room in the suite for them. It sucks that the deck plans are different for the Star and the Dawn so it is hard to tell if they are correct or not. The Star definitely only sleeps 4 in your suite number but I'm not sure about the Dawn. We did have a SD on the Dawn that slept 6 but I'm not sure if all of them do.