Need ft Lauderdale hotel help fast!!

I had a hotel "booked" for a few months now and called confirm everything today and they "lost" my reservation. Now the hotel is booked solid or want to charge me $200 more for a suite. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels that have airport and cruise port shuttles? I fly in tomorrow and embark on Sunday!!!!

I had a hotel "booked" for a few months now and called confirm everything today and they "lost" my reservation. Now the hotel is booked solid or want to charge me $200 more for a suite. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels that have airport and cruise port shuttles? I fly in tomorrow and embark on Sunday!!!!

Usual Westin in Holywood is sold, but found Pillars - love it

http://www.pillarshotel.com/ipad/specials.php

Don't you have a confirmation number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Yes I did, and when I told them it they said it was no longer in their system. My card showed the pending charge and everything but they refused that I had made a reservation. The customer service might have been the worst that I have ever had. Both the hotel itself and corporate offices.

And now my pending charge is no longer showing. Basically just a mess, I don't know if someone realized their mistake and removed my card or what has happened but they don't have a room for us anymore. Over booking at its finest.

Edited by MichiganBrewski

I don't know for sure, but if I had a confirmation number, I think they would be finding me something. However, from your post, you may be better off considering the customer service. The two hotels mentioned already are good choices. Sorry. But good luck and enjoy your trip.

I don't know for sure, but if I had a confirmation number, I think they would be finding me something. However, from your post, you may be better off considering the customer service. The two hotels mentioned already are good choices. Sorry. But good luck and enjoy your trip.

I had thought so too, but instead of guaranteeing me a room they instead try to up sell me a room for more money since my original reservation is "sold out". I have never experienced something like this before.

I always use Homewood Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, all suites, Just checked and they have availability at $159.00 for a king suite. They also have a great complimentary hot breakfast . Hotel is great, only about 4 years old.

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, USA

Tel:+1 954 763 7670

they have rooms for tomorrow night for about $200 (before any discounts, such as AAA etc.

they also have shuttles to the cruise port, though there is a charge (maybe $10pp or so). it's very close to the port.

we've stayed there twice - the hotel is fairly new, and everything is clean and modern.

We are staying in the Crowne Plaza tomorrow night and Sunday night before boarding on Monday. As I recall, the prepaid rate was under $200 and the 2nd night is a rewards night.

As question though to the OP, was the hotel you lost part of a chain brand? When we sailed on Freedom a few years back, something similar happened with the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach. I went up the chain and thye found us a very nice room, on the beach, at The Crowne Plaza south of there.

Yes I did, and when I told them it they said it was no longer in their system. My card showed the pending charge and everything but they refused that I had made a reservation. The customer service might have been the worst that I have ever had. Both the hotel itself and corporate offices.

Which hotel is it, so those of us concerned with the poor service can avoid it ourselves?

Which hotel is it, so those of us concerned with the poor service can avoid it ourselves?

It was the holiday inn express on 17th street right next to port Everglades which is very disappointing as I have stayed here before and have had great service up until now. I, although, am happy to say that I have rebooked at a new hotel thanks you all of your great recommendations; and at a better rate than I had before ( or according to them "didn't" have). Pre cruise disaster avoided! I was getting very nervous today at work being that I fly out tomorrow and apparently had no hotel. It pays to follow up with your reservations!

I always use Homewood Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, all suites, Just checked and they have availability at $159.00 for a king suite. They also have a great complimentary hot breakfast . Hotel is great, only about 4 years old.

This is where we are staying next Friday night for cruise next sat. Glad to hear it is good!

Usual Westin in Holywood is sold, but found Pillars - love it

http://www.pillarshotel.com/ipad/specials.php

I have never stayed there, but Pillars gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. I've been checking out Ft. Lauderdale hotels for my cruise in March.

We have a reservation at the Courtyard on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Not exactly a cruise port hotel, but I'll be traveling with 2 college kids and we get in late morning the day before. Figured that hotel would be a good fit for us, and she can see where her mother spent her spring breaks in the early 80's. :eek::D