Something You've Meant to do on a Cruise?

ithaca gal

Is there something you've wanted to do on a cruise, or meant to do and just have done it? (Careful with your answers, please!)

I swim in our neighborhood pool almost every day of the season, but I've never taken the time to swim while I'm on a cruise ship.

I've been to the art auctions, trivia galore, cooking and towel folding demos, had a massage, gambled for hours, but never stopped long enough to take a dip in the pool.

How about you? Anything you keep meaning to do/try on a cruise or in a certain port?

See a sunrise. Something about the motion of the ocean, or those HAL mattresses, that keep my usual insomnia at bay. Sleeping 10 hours a night is a luxury for me. I have, however, never missed a sunset on a Caribbean cruise.

My husband would love to fly a kite off the stern - are u allowed?

I don't know. With the air currents, it could be a problem to get it 'up and way' - I can imagine it doing crazy circles and diving down to 'smack' someone on their aft balcony below... "Sorry about that!"

See a sunrise. Something about the motion of the ocean, or those HAL mattresses, that keep my usual insomnia at bay. Sleeping 10 hours a night is a luxury for me. I have, however, never missed a sunset on a Caribbean cruise.

I have always wanted to have breakfast in the MDR. I just always forget about it. I order coffee and bagel early, watch the sunrise and then go to Lido or Neptune Lounge if we are in a Neptune suite. Our next cruise which is b2b NA Jan 4 2015 I plan to have breakfast in MDR at least once.

I have always wanted to have breakfast in the MDR. I just always forget about it. I order coffee and bagel early, watch the sunrise and then go to Lido or Neptune Lounge if we are in a Neptune suite. Our next cruise which is b2b NA Jan 4 2015 I plan to have breakfast in MDR at least once.

I have never had breakfast in MDR either. I'm lucky if I ever make it to the Lido on time, especially on sea days. Are you looking forward to our cruise as much I am, especially after the great blogs about the NA?

I have never had breakfast in MDR either. I'm lucky if I ever make it to the Lido on time, especially on sea days. Are you looking forward to our cruise as much I am, especially after the great blogs about the NA?

Yes I am. I am counting the sleeps! I too am following The blog on the Niew Amsterdam and enjoying it so much. With all,the snow we have received since yesterday swimming in the ocean at HMC sounds heavenly. I so want to to try the chocolate Ball! For this upcoming cruise I plan to enjoy breakfast in the MDR at least twice!

While I wasn't in my Jammie's I had room service for dinner on the balcony on my last cruise. I loved it.

We did the same and really enjoyed it! It was nice being able to order off of the MDR menu on a night we were in port fairly late, so we did not have to rush back in time for our early fixed dining seating.

Order room service dinner and eat while watching a movie in my jammies. I know how to live.:D:D

I do that at least once every cruise when I'm cruising solo. I wish I could afford a balcony. The only time I can afford it is when my mom cruises with me.

Hard to believe, as I'm a hard core tea drinker, but I've never gone to any of the teas onboard. They are usually late afternoon and would interfere with early dinner. Since I'm the only one who likes tea, I can't convince my husband to go. Next time I'm going to tea, and will just sit with him while he eats his early dinner.