Crab shack

philv

We are on the Caribbean Princess in March. Do they do the Crab Shack thing on CB and how does it work?

We were on the CB last March and did the crab shack. My wife insists that we do it again on our next cruise on Regal in March. They do suggest you make reservations but I'm not sure that is all that important. I'm not sure what you meant by how does it work?

We were on the CB last March and did the crab shack. My wife insists that we do it again on our next cruise on Regal in March. They do suggest you make reservations but I'm not sure that is all that important. I'm not sure what you meant by how does it work?

I know nothing about it. I know it is a thing you pay for like the specialty restaurants. But how do you reserve? Can you do it online or do you have to do it on ship? Please inform, I know nothing about it.

Edited by philv

I know nothing about it. I know it is a thing you pay for like the specialty restaurants. But how do you reserve? Can you do it online or do you have to do it on ship? Please inform, I know nothing about it.

It's held in a sectioned-off section of the Horizon Court. But, not every night, so you have to watch for it in the Patter. You can make bookings by calling the same DINE line you call for booking in any of the other specialty restaurants. It's not unheard of for it to sell out, so I'd book as soon as you see it announced, not wait to walk up that night.

You can't book in advance, no more than you can book any other specialty restaurant in advance.

Do a search with Princess Crab Shack. There are a number of threads about it. Go to this one and someone posted a menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920916

Thank you, that's a good thread and answers all my questions. I'll grab the Patter first thing when I get on board and see if they have on sailaway night. Looks good to me! :D

Edited by philv

Thank you, that's a good thread and answers all my questions. I'll grab the Patter first thing when I get on board and see if they have on sailaway night. Looks good to me! :D

If you call the DINE line (button on your phone in your cabin), they can tell you which nights it will be offered.

Six of us did the Crab Shack Dinner in November on the Regal Princess. They held it two times, both times were on formal nights (sea days I believe). We called the dinning room number to make reservations. It was the best meal of the cruise, so much to eat and very delicious. When ordering your entrée, you can ask for more of one item if you don't like some of the options listed for that entrée. Here's a picture of us getting ready to eat. They supply crab shack bibs for you. It was a lot of fun.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3B56%3Dot%3E5425%3D46%3A%3D326%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B46333668235ot1lsi

We ate at the Crab Shack on the CB two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. When we asked about it on Day One, we were told that it wouldn't be held on that sailing because they weren't able to purchase enough crab. The next day, though, we saw a sign outside the buffet announcing it for the next evening. The sign remained there for 24 hours. We immediately booked it through the Dine Line. It also appeared in the Patter the next day.

We were on the Caribbean Princess during August this year & did the Crab Shack. It was offered 2 times during the 7 day cruise, the first time we just showed up & they said they were all booked for that night. So the next night the Crab Shack was available, we reserved our spot via the dine line. So yes, it is a better idea to call & reserve your spot & time you want to eat.