Seating for Two in MDR

dustedice

I am leaving for my first cruise this weekend (it feels so great to finally say that!!) and I was just wondering something..

Is it possible/easy to get seating for two people in the MDR? I have heard stories about the big table and that sounds fun as well, but seeing it is our honeymoon I would like to have the option for a romantic dinner. Are they usually able to accommodate this request?

Thank you for the help!

I am leaving for my first cruise this weekend (it feels so great to finally say that!!) and I was just wondering something..

Is it possible/easy to get seating for two people in the MDR? I have heard stories about the big table and that sounds fun as well, but seeing it is our honeymoon I would like to have the option for a romantic dinner. Are they usually able to accommodate this request?

Thank you for the help!

If you have My Time Dining, it is very easy to get a table for two. Just tell them when you show up for dinner.

If you have traditional dining, then go to the MDR as soon as you board and try to arrange that with the person at the podium.

Note that some of the tables for two can be very close together.

Edited by clarea

If you have My Time Dining, it is very easy to get a table for two. Just tell them when you show up for dinner.

If you have traditional dining, then go to the MDR as soon as you board and try to arrange that with the person at the podium.

Note that some of the tables for two can be very close together.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. :) We do have My Time Dining.

I appreciate the helpful feedback!

My wife always wants that when we travel alone, we had no problem with getting it with traditional dining also. Need to do at least one specialty restaurants , food service are much nicer prices run from 20 and up per person ( never had problem with table for 2 there)

As you are MTD on the first night ask of a table for two and you should be OK,

if the service is good and you intended to dine at the same time each night before you leave ask if you can have the same table and staff of the rest of the cruise. Enjoy

We’ve always request a table for two in the MDR for early traditional dining and have always been accommodated. However sometimes the location of these tables has been less than desirable. If we don’t like the table location we then talk with Maitre D or Head Waiter and ask if it would be possible to be relocated. We’ve always been successful with that request also. Lucky I guess.

Thank you for the help!

We always request a table for two when booking the MDR. Then once on ship I confirm that request with the Maître D or Head Waiter. Last time on the Liberty when I asked I was told my request was accommodated, but then found out at dinner the first night that our table for two was 6 inches apart from other "tables for two". So I would definitely make sure they actually get you a "separate" table for two and if possible have them show you the table they have for you. Lesson learned for me.