Cruise cancelled

ibfishing2

Thanks everyone.

I had looked at the Rocky Mountaineer and was surprise at the price. Thanks for the info.

When you look at VIA Rail , keep in mind that will travelling mostly at night , food isn't included and you won't have a narrator telling what you are seeing.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

We booked our train trip separately from Princess and I'm glad because Princess "canceled" the Grand 3 day from Vancouver in May AFTER we had made all of our arrangements. Thanks to CC, I found it was not canceled, but chartered. Then later, after letting many people book the charter, that was canceled for lack of sales. Those who say Princess cancels only for weather, mechanics or security do not know the truth. They gave us a whopping $15 for our trouble. There was a long thread about it earlier this year that I started. I wrote it to give people a "heads up" that it could happen, but some still had to hit me with the wet noodle for complaining.

We booked our train trip separately from Princess and I'm glad because Princess "canceled" the Grand 3 day from Vancouver in May AFTER we had made all of our arrangements. Thanks to CC, I found it was not canceled, but chartered. Then later, after letting many people book the charter, that was canceled for lack of sales. Those who say Princess cancels only for weather, mechanics or security do not know the truth. They gave us a whopping $15 for our trouble. There was a long thread about it earlier this year that I started. I wrote it to give people a "heads up" that it could happen, but some still had to hit me with the wet noodle for complaining.

The May 1 and 4 cruise where cancelled even for the charter. The Grand is going into dry dock from May 1 to 9 for emergency repairs. Something to do with mussels in the salt water system.

The May 1 and 4 cruise where cancelled even for the charter. The Grand is going into dry dock from May 1 to 9 for emergency repairs. Something to do with mussels in the salt water system.

Five months from now does not fit the definition of "emergency repairs." More like we have to do this sooner or later and this is the best schedule for doing so.

Yeah sounds more like critical repairs. May be the first time an acceptable drydock is available, until then can be dealt with by other means...

Five months from now does not fit the definition of "emergency repairs." More like we have to do this sooner or later and this is the best schedule for doing so.

When I first received the e-mail that my reservation had been cancelled, I was quite shaken up. I normally make my reservation a year or two in advance. I had just made this one in August and was really happy that we could squeeze this between our other booked cruises. The cruise we really wanted, (on another Cruise line) was sold out. The other one was a Rockies Tour with Rail overnight before the Cruise.

So........ in other words, I settled.

So now,,,,,,,,,I will wait and watch and book the one that I really wanted.

All it took was a little time for me to get my head right.

I agree, if it needed to be done that bad it would have been pulled out of service earlier. I can't believe some of the stories (reasons for cancelation) that are created, when nobody knows the true reason for the cancelation of the land portion. Oy vey! :eek:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I agree, if it needed to be done that bad it would have been pulled out of service earlier. I can't believe some of the stories (reasons for cancelation) that are created, when nobody knows the true reason for the cancelation of the land portion. Oy vey! :eek:

Did someone post that the land portion was cancelled.

It was sold as a cruisetour, and without the cruise (ship in drydock), there is no cruisetour.