Cruise cancelled

ibfishing2

The title says cruise canceled, but the entry says that it was the land portion of the tour. So which is it. Is the cruise portion canceled? The land portion canceled? or both?

What options did Princess give you?

The title says cruise canceled, but the entry says that it was the land portion of the tour. So which is it. Is the cruise portion canceled? The land portion canceled? or both?

What options did Princess give you?

I'm confused, too. It's highly unusual for Princess to cancel a cruise other than for mechanical or other serious issues.

Does anybody know why Princess cancelled the Canadian Rockies and Alaskan cruise on the Grand Princess in June, 2015? I already had all my flights booked too.

Couldn't get enough passengers. Too many unsold cabins. :(

Edited by Kingofcool1947

It looks like Princess is still selling the four cruises on the Grand in June, so it must be just the land portion of the cruise tour that's cancelled. I wonder if you could book your own train trip separately and then the cruise.

Did you get an official notification from Princess and then called to verify (or if booked through your TA' date=' have them call)? If it has been chartered, Princess should be trying to get you on another cruise (and hopefully doing something about your flight arrangements).[/quote']

From past experiences totally agree with Patty's post above.

Our past experience was not exactly the same ... we had a B2B booked out of FLL (driving) and when one of the sailings had been chartered Princess contacted our TA and we were easily able to book another cruise with some OBCs for the inconvenience. :)

LuLu

Originally Posted by RDC1 View Post

You guys are correct.

I was at work, running around like a chicken and quickly posted my disappointment at the cancellation.

The Reservation was cancelled, because the Tour component was cancelled. My TA knew that the Tour was the meat of my reservation as I had been to Alaska 3 times.

I'm off today and am able to calmly look at other tour options, as there are many out there.

It's not as serious as it felt yesterday when I was too busy to deal with it.

Edited by ibfishing2
added line

Try booking direct with Rocky Mountaineer. It's worth pursuing. We loved it enough to go back the next year and do the trip in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We (4 siblings and spouses) did the Vancouver to Jasper (with an overnight in Kamloops) Rocky Mountaineer this summer. Get the gold leaf service if you want to be spoiled! Three of the siblings and spouses have done the train from Whittier to Denali and this was even better. We then spent 9 days in Jasper and Banff - a wonderful vacation!

Try booking direct with Rocky Mountaineer. It's worth pursuing. We loved it enough to go back the next year and do the trip in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look into the circle tour on the Rocky mountaineer.

Seattle to Vancouver

Vancouver to Jasper

Jasper to Vancouver via Whistler.

I thinks it's total of 5 or 6 days.

I live in the city where they over nite between Jasper and Vancouver (Kamloops)

Edited by Kamloops50

Talisker92

The price for the Rocky Mountaineer is obscene. The 2 day one night price is over $2000.

Try looking at VIA Rail. You overnight in Kamloops.

They do have some packages with Holland America

Thanks everyone.

I had looked at the Rocky Mountaineer and was surprise at the price. Thanks for the info.