Most Romantic Restaurant on the Solstice?

cherrypop

Hello. We loved Murano. The room is beautiful and the lighting is dim enough to be romantic but you can still read the menu. The service was the best we experienced on the entire cruise. The wine list is impressive and the food was superb. Two big thumbs up! Enjoy your cruise and happy anniversary!!

For romance, Murano hands down. The only possible exception to this would be if the dining time was an sundown AND you could see the sunset from the widows of Tuscan Grill. Chances are probably too slim to get that so I'd still vote for Murano.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

+1 for Murano. A beautiful elegant room and silver service to match. Definitely would be able to have a romantic dinner to remember in there! But as Jenna suggest, Tuscan Grill has awesome floor to ceiling windows wrapping around the aft (rear) of the ship. Stunning If you are leaving a port at night (we left Auckland whilst dining in Tuscan and the city skyline at night was stunning!). A sunset dinner would also be gorgeous. But still think Murano would be the ideal choice!!

But do consider a 3 dinner pkg as they are all worth trying!! Surprisingly we actually loved the Asian restaurant Silk Harvest most of all. Another beautiful (but more casual) room. Fell in love with the Cream Cheese Wontons....who would've thought...but oh so yum yum yum!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hello. We loved Murano. The room is beautiful and the lighting is dim enough to be romantic but you can still read the menu. The service was the best we experienced on the entire cruise. The wine list is impressive and the food was superb. Two big thumbs up! Enjoy your cruise and happy anniversary!!

Hi, I would agree with the above. When we cruised on the Equinox in June 2012, we went to these same 3 restaurants. All were great. However, the most memorable time was in the Tuscan Grille as we were seated next to the panoramic windows as we sailed in the Aegean, and could view the passing Greek Islands as the sun set. Truly romantic!

Edited by El_aurens

Murano is definitely the most romantic restaurant.

Agree that the window tables at the Tuscan Grill are pretty special too depending on who is sitting near you. Our anniversary dinner on the Equinox in September was spoilt by being seated next to two large raucous groups which made conversation impossible. Even our waitress had trouble hearing our order. Not likely to happen in Murano.

On S-class ships, Tuscan can be more romantic than Murano if you have a nice view table from the large stern windows. No view from Murano on the S-class ships, and the tables for two in Murano on these ships are actually in higher traffic areas than on the M-class ships. I don't enjoy Murano on S-class ships as much as on M-class ships.

On S-class ships, Tuscan can be more romantic than Murano if you have a nice view table from the large stern windows. No view from Murano on the S-class ships, and the tables for two in Murano on these ships are actually in higher traffic areas than on the M-class ships. I don't enjoy Murano on S-class ships as much as on M-class ships.

Tables in the back room in Murano are pretty private, and we've been given a 4 top a number of times. The only thing for us that makes Tuscan Romantic would be the view, nothing else about the meal. Murano has a more formal room, is the only place onboard you'll find candle light, and the service levels are intentionally more formal.

Whether the OP relates more formal to romantic, is sort of up to them, but except for the opportunity for the view which is dependent on when they dine, and where they are, Tuscan isn't very romantic. The food quality is barely a step up from Macaroni Grill, thought the antipasti has been nice on some sailings, not as nice on others, service has been OK for us.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm another who has done both Murano & Tuscan Grill on the Solstice, & my vote is Tuscan Grill around sunset, hands down :) Murano on the S class is completely cut off from any sea views, but the food is wonderful... Tuscan has less formally presented food, but the views are very romantic, in my opinion. :)