Waitlisted excursion

Blondilu

I might have blown it. Sis and I are booked August 1st British Isles on the Royal Princess. I didn't think there was any way the excursions would be out yet. But, I checked and not only are they out, but there are no openings for the Royal Tattoo. Now we're waitlisted.

Anybody with any experience on what exactly that means? Are we waiting for someone else to cancel? Or will they get more tickets and another bus if enough people are interested?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I might have blown it. Sis and I are booked August 1st British Isles on the Royal Princess. I didn't think there was any way the excursions would be out yet. But, I checked and not only are they out, but there are no openings for the Royal Tattoo. Now we're waitlisted.

Anybody with any experience on what exactly that means? Are we waiting for someone else to cancel? Or will they get more tickets and another bus if enough people are interested?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

They are waiting for someone to cancel. Space is limited at the tattoo and tickets in high demand.

Hi There

The tattoo is the highlight of this cruise check your roll call and see if a private group going, can give you details of tour companies if you e mail me

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

On our first trip to Europe, years ago, we were told that some spaces on excursions are held until people or board the ship. That is because some people don't have access to a computer or won't use a computer (all 3 of them). But that was some time ago and I don't know if they are still doing that.

On our first trip to Europe, years ago, we were told that some spaces on excursions are held until people or board the ship. That is because some people don't have access to a computer or won't use a computer (all 3 of them). But that was some time ago and I don't know if they are still doing that.

I have heard that also, but on every cruise we have taken the last few years, the already printed shore excursion order forms listed a number of excursions marked "sold out."

Stay on the wait list, but meanwhile, have you joined the roll call for your cruise? Try to join with others to try to form a small group tour. We went to the Tattoo this year with cruise critic friends on 15 seater van with Gordon Ross of Great Scot tours, but I have heard he may have retired. Others went with Timberbush Tours, and there was yet another small bus company that took another group. I think there are an assortment of ways to get there. The Tattoo was quite wonderful, as was our time at Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle and other places we visited on the way to Edinburgh. Don't give up! We were back at the ship an hour or so before the Princess excursions, too. LOVED the British Isles cruise.

Yes, stay on the wait list. Your cruise is still well beyond its final payment date and it is likely a bunch of people will decide at that time they're not going. Hopefully some of them will have booked this excursion and you'll then be confirmed.

On our British Isles cruise, the two excursions that were sold out from day one of the cruise were the Tattoo and Normandy tours. Those who waited until they boarded to book these tours were out of luck and so very disappointed.

Not wiling to risk NOT getting into the Tattoo I've purchased tickets directly from the Tattoo website and will now have to arrange independent transportation. I`m nervous having never done this before, but Shogun has given me a lot of good ideas. And, having ideas and options has upped my confidence level a great deal. Like my friend told me today "it`s all an adventure!"

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app