Same or different cabin?

welove2cruise2014

We just booked what will be our 3rd Boston to Bermuda cruise on the Dawn. Aft penthouse each time... First time was on Deck 8, the last one and next one on Deck 10.

For those who may cruise the same ship/itinerary more than once - do you like to stay in the same cabin? Why or why not? We were going to do the "mirror image" cabin of what we had last time, but decided since we were comfortable in the cabin last time, we'd just book the same one. I like the idea of knowing EXACTLY what we're getting in terms of location, balcony size, etc.

While I don't necessarily book the same cabin, I always book the same cabin category: Aft-facing balcony. I just can't get enough of staring at the wake while I sit on the balcony having a cocktail or simply watch the world go by!

Richard/Tralfie

I once booked the same cabin because it was available and easy to do. It was a good cabin, so I knew I would be happy with the choice. But I don't view this as a "have to."

More typically I book at the last minute and end up with a "guarantee."

10228 Dawn last summer to Bermuda. Incredible large balcony. SOOO much bigger than the deck 8 suite balconies. It was my first aft and while the view was wonderful, it was LOUD. Don't know if I'd do aft balcony again. We've been on Dawn in balcony, mini suite, and then the aft suite last year. It's nice to try different cabins and locations.

10228 Dawn last summer to Bermuda. Incredible large balcony. SOOO much bigger than the deck 8 suite balconies. It was my first aft and while the view was wonderful, it was LOUD. Don't know if I'd do aft balcony again. We've been on Dawn in balcony, mini suite, and then the aft suite last year. It's nice to try different cabins and locations.

Deck 10 aft is absolutely the best value in my opinion due to the balcony size. I had done a lot of research and seen photos on here of 10728 so I really shouldn't have been surprised... But I distinctly recall opening the sliding doors and yelling "holy sh*t" upon seeing it with my own eyes. Lol

We stayed in 11020 on the Dawn two years in a row. (same week). On our last cruise, we booked a mini-gty and wound up in 11012....I booked another mini-gty for our cruise in January and we were just assigned 11080, a little further down the hall, but I am sure we will love it!!