Car Rental

txd

www dot better bidding dot com is a good source for info on Priceline car rentals.

I use HOTWIRE for car rentals all the time - as long as you are 100% sure your dates will not change, and are familiar with the going rates from major agencies, it can save you $$

www dot better bidding dot com is a good source for info on Priceline car rentals.

I use HOTWIRE for car rentals all the time - as long as you are 100% sure your dates will not change, and are familiar with the going rates from major agencies, it can save you $$

JohninDC,

Is there a specific reason why you prefer HotWire not Priceline?

Hotwire gives me a price - I decide if I want to take it or leave it.

Priceline requires you to give them a price, which they may accept or reject; if rejected then you can re-bid at a higher price within a certain time frame.

I like the Hotwire model - others like Priceline. Better Bidding gives you some advice on both.

• 2 weeks later...
Used it once without problems. Still had to do the paperwork at the rental vs booking direct with the rental might save some time.

I am looking at Priceline only because of the car rental cost. It's almost twice cheaper then any major car rental co.

I have used priceline for car rentals twice, for up to a ten days at a time in Florida, got incredible prices both times. No issues :)

Do you remember what car rental Co you got?

We used both hotwire and priceline with no problems. We've gotten heirtz and enterprise. DH just confirmed with EZ and I'm not a happy camper. They quote you a price but its an "estimated" price. Red flag to me. Thank goodness they don't have our credit card number because im thinking of calling them to cancel.

We used both hotwire and priceline with no problems. We've gotten heirtz and enterprise. DH just confirmed with EZ and I'm not a happy camper. They quote you a price but its an "estimated" price. Red flag to me. Thank goodness they don't have our credit card number because im thinking of calling them to cancel.

I used them before as well. They say estimate because if you don't have your insurance paperwork within 30 days of pickup they make you buy their's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are renting a minivan for 4 people through Alamo at the airport for $30 for one day. We just needed something to kill time from our 8am debarkation until our 830pm flight so we figured we could do a little sight seeing in between. Alamo was way cheaper than everyone else by for when I looked.

If you are looking at regular rentals now for April the prices will likely still be high. I always reserve at a price I can live with early on and then keep checking and rebook if it goes down. Usually lowest where we have been about 4-6 weeks out. Also used hotwire once when we were close to needing so had confirmed dates and we got Hertz in Tampa for budget price.

We are renting a minivan for 4 people through Alamo at the airport for $30 for one day. We just needed something to kill time from our 8am debarkation until our 830pm flight so we figured we could do a little sight seeing in between. Alamo was way cheaper than everyone else by for when I looked.

Did you call Alamo directly or book online ? If so where.

we need a car only for a day too. Early disembark ... late flight.

what port ?

Did you call Alamo directly or book online ? If so where.

we need a car only for a day too. Early disembark ... late flight.

what port ?

I booked it online. We will be in Miami. Alamo also offers a shuttle from the cruise terminal and take to their rental office.

I booked it online. We will be in Miami. Alamo also offers a shuttle from the cruise terminal and take to their rental office.

Perfect thanks !! Was there a specific place in Miami you had to choose ? Or will it tell me.

Perfect thanks !! Was there a specific place in Miami you had to choose ? Or will it tell me.

I picked the Miami International Airport pickup. I don't know if the shuttle from the port will take you to that office but if not we will just take a taxi. I wanted the airport because that's where we will be dropping off regardless so I don't mind paying the extra money for the taxi if the Alamo shuttle won't take us there.