Nellie's Beach Bungalows

photogpab

I'm getting conflicting info - an RCI rep over the phone told me they were sold out "a long time ago" for our cruise. But another rep said you can only book them once on the ship - not sure why RCI's reps don't all have the same info, but which is it?

I'm getting conflicting info - an RCI rep over the phone told me they were sold out "a long time ago" for our cruise. But another rep said you can only book them once on the ship - not sure why RCI's reps don't all have the same info, but which is it?

They usually hold back some for booking onboard, so both were correct. And they're "cabanas".

Just got off the Explorer and we went to Labadee, we couldn't get a cabana pre-booked as it said they were sold out, but once we got onboard we went straight to the shore excursion desk and there were over the water cabanas still available, so it is worth it to check once onboard!

Keith

No...they are not "secluded"....while you won't be sharing your space with others, all of the cabanas are right there together....scattered around the same beach area.....sort of like tables for 2 in the dining room. You won't share your table, but you will be near others!!

No...they are not "secluded"....while you won't be sharing your space with others, all of the cabanas are right there together....scattered around the same beach area.....sort of like tables for 2 in the dining room. You won't share your table, but you will be near others!!

There are many of the cabanas which are quite secluded. Only a few of them are right on the beach with the crowds. The others are on hilltops, or over the water, which are mostly very secluded. You might share a ladder, or stairway into the water with the cabana beside you, but that's about it. My wife and I have found them quite secluded :D

Piece of advice as we're on a Labadee itinerary on IOS and in a GS. We booked a Nellie's Beach Over Water cabana practically the moment they came available, DW wasn't doing Labadee without a cabana. As we get closer, hoping the Concierge helps us get a cabana at Barefoot Beach. If we can make that switch, there's a Nellie's Beach cabana going to be available shortly after. Pretty sure we've not the only ones using this strategy.

So I say do as my backyard cat does : wait, watch and be ready to pounce, but no need to panic.

Just got off the Explorer and we went to Labadee, we couldn't get a cabana pre-booked as it said they were sold out, but once we got onboard we went straight to the shore excursion desk and there were over the water cabanas still available, so it is worth it to check once onboard!

Keith

Thanks for that post.