Verandas next to the elevator

jaguarstyper

Prior to my last cruise, I read quite a few negative things about the verandas next to glass elevators on the Vista and Signature ships. We booked an SC guarantee and were assigned to 7060 on Eurodam, which was right next to the elevator. I can honestly say, the elevator next to the veranda was never an issue. People on the elevator would have to actually make an effort to see you on your balcony. You would have to be standing at the very back of the elevator and look over. While I did see a few people going by on the elevator, not a single one of them looked over at us while we are on the balcony. The view is so much better looking out over the ocean, why would anyone bother to look at the verandas.

Personally, I see all the fuss as much ado about nothing. The cabin and veranda are perfectly fine. If anything, you have one less neighbor to hear, you're super handy to the elevators when you want to go somewhere and you're close to the Neptune lounge. :)

That said, I was a little disappointed with the size of the veranda in the SA suites on the Eurodam. Its been a while, but I seem to recall the verandas being much larger on Amsterdam and the Vista ships. I guess I got spoiled by the aft corner verandas on deck 5 of the Westerdam, which is were we were on our previous 4 cruises. Are they really smaller, or is my memory not so good. I seem to remember having a table and 4 chairs, 2 arm chairs with ottomans and 2 chaise lounges on Amsterdam. No room for the chaises on Eurodam. :(

The "SA" verandahs on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are about the same size as on the Vista ships but all of those verandahs are noticeably smaller than on the "S" and "R" Class ships. Those verandahs are terrific. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Prior to my last cruise, I read quite a few negative things about the verandas next to glass elevators on the Vista and Signature ships. We booked an SC guarantee and were assigned to 7060 on Eurodam, which was right next to the elevator. I can honestly say, the elevator next to the veranda was never an issue. People on the elevator would have to actually make an effort to see you on your balcony. You would have to be standing at the very back of the elevator and look over. While I did see a few people going by on the elevator, not a single one of them looked over at us while we are on the balcony. The view is so much better looking out over the ocean, why would anyone bother to look at the verandas.

Personally, I see all the fuss as much ado about nothing. The cabin and veranda are perfectly fine. If anything, you have one less neighbor to hear, you're super handy to the elevators when you want to go somewhere and you're close to the Neptune lounge. :)

That said, I was a little disappointed with the size of the veranda in the SA suites on the Eurodam. Its been a while, but I seem to recall the verandas being much larger on Amsterdam and the Vista ships. I guess I got spoiled by the aft corner verandas on deck 5 of the Westerdam, which is were we were on our previous 4 cruises. Are they really smaller, or is my memory not so good. I seem to remember having a table and 4 chairs, 2 arm chairs with ottomans and 2 chaise lounges on Amsterdam. No room for the chaises on Eurodam. :(

I definitely agree with you - we have had both Signature and Neptune suites near the center elevators and have had no problems with voyeurs and you are spot on with having only one neighbor. Best verandas are on the R and S class ships which seem to be sadly going away.

That was our experience, too, on the Noordam. Absolutely zero noise or peeping from the elevators-I'd worried but totally unnecessarily. And such a convenient location-and one less possible smoker! Would do it again in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk