Hamburgers and fries at the mast grill

Aqua Spa cafe (healthy fare)

Hot glass show

Cappuccino at Cafe al Baccio (fee)

Homemade ice cream

Gelato (fee)

Watch the sunsets from the sunset bar

Play bocce on the lawn or just enjoy sitting on the lawn

Since you are from Delta, are you going on the first Alaska sailing that leaves from Vancouver?

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska in May. We would like to know of any secrets or things not to miss while onboard the Solstice.

Thank you

We did this cruise last August and the one thing I would definitely do again is the excursion off the ship in Tracey Arm Fjord. As you approach Sawyer Glacier, those taking the excursion get on Catmarans which take you much closer to the Glacier. We then went to another glacier, they are Sawyer North and South, don't remember which is which. The ship cannot get to the second glacier. We saw lots of wildlife and many whales on the way back although this will be dependent on the time of year. The catmarans then meet the ship in Juneau. Great trip, inside and outside areas of the catamaran so if you get cold you can go inside.

Waffles, ask for freshly made.

Fr Onion soup

Creme brulee

Hamburgers and fries at the mast grill

Aqua Spa cafe (healthy fare)

Hot glass show

Cappuccino at Cafe al Baccio (fee)

Homemade ice cream

Gelato (fee)

Watch the sunsets from the sunset bar

Play bocce on the lawn or just enjoy sitting on the lawn

Since you are from Delta, are you going on the first Alaska sailing that leaves from Vancouver?

It is Celebritys first Alaska sailing. We got the premium drink package and being that the weather will be cold we will enjoy drinks at Cafe al Baccio

We did this cruise last August and the one thing I would definitely do again is the excursion off the ship in Tracey Arm Fjord. As you approach Sawyer Glacier, those taking the excursion get on Catmarans which take you much closer to the Glacier. We then went to another glacier, they are Sawyer North and South, don't remember which is which. The ship cannot get to the second glacier. We saw lots of wildlife and many whales on the way back although this will be dependent on the time of year. The catmarans then meet the ship in Juneau. Great trip, inside and outside areas of the catamaran so if you get cold you can go inside.

This sounds like an awesome excursion, thanks so much for the info we are going to look into it.

The Solstice is a lovely ship. I don't know if you know that it doesn't sail the inside passage between the Mainland and Vancouver Island, rather it goes south of Vancouver Island to the open sea and then north.

I second this, my parents did this excursion in early Sept., & it was a highlight of their trip. :)