Diamond Princess Currency

i'm booked on the Golden Princess on her first cruise out of Sydney in october this year and if you check in your personalizer under booking summary it will have the onboard currency.....mine says this

Onboard Currency: Folio charges will be in AUD

Just checked my personalizer under booking summary for Diamond Princess Nov '15 cruise and yes it states Folio charges in AUD. But following this, there is a notice for prepaying gratuities up to two days before cruising, ours being stated as $177.10 each. Not so happy now! Could it be because we booked online that gratuities for next season are not included?

Just worked out the gratuities quoted are 11.50 x 14 nights plus 10%. Maybe gratuities are going to be 10% more expensive or a conversion USD to AUD - just guessing.

Edited by megsie

Just checked my personalizer under booking summary for Diamond Princess Nov '15 cruise and yes it states Folio charges in AUD. But following this, there is a notice for prepaying gratuities up to two days before cruising, ours being stated as $177.10 each. Not so happy now! Could it be because we booked online that gratuities for next season are not included?

Just worked out the gratuities quoted are 11.50 x 14 nights plus 10%. Maybe gratuities are going to be 10% more expensive or a conversion USD to AUD - just guessing.

Most likely the case, it would also depend on whether it was a aussie or a overseas online agency that you used.:D

Unfortunately their web site isn't reliable.

It tells all passengers on all direct Australian bookings that, even though they don't need to pay them.

Unfortunately their web site isn't reliable.

It tells all passengers on all direct Australian bookings that, even though they don't need to pay them.

Booked our cruise online with Princess Cruises (Australian booking). Not overly bothered but makes it all a bit confusing.

We are booked on the Diamond Ultimate Australia for Feb 2016. Our booking states the folio charges will be in AUD it also says the daily gratuities will be charged as well.

the gratuities is on mine too but we know that aussie & kiwis booking with a local agent dont have to pay the grats.... only the overseas cruiser does but its still confusing.....if anyone did pay it would only go onto your onboard account and you would have more spending money

the gratuities is on mine too but we know that aussie & kiwis booking with a local agent dont have to pay the grats.... only the overseas cruiser does but its still confusing.....if anyone did pay it would only go onto your onboard account and you would have more spending money

You may find that you are paying them inclusive to your fare.:D

Well I have now booked, checked the area mentioned by rkmw and yes it says currency in AUD and like everyone else it says that I can prepay gratuities which then confused me again :(. Glad to hear this is just a web site idiosyncrasy, mind you I won't believe it until I am on board and looking at my on board account :D But I am only going for 10 days if I had booked a long cruise not knowing would concern me because the extra cost would be considerable.

Well I have now booked, checked the area mentioned by rkmw and yes it says currency in AUD and like everyone else it says that I can prepay gratuities which then confused me again :(. Glad to hear this is just a web site idiosyncrasy, mind you I won't believe it until I am on board and looking at my on board account :D But I am only going for 10 days if I had booked a long cruise not knowing would concern me because the extra cost would be considerable.

Enjoy your cruise.:D