After final payment, what penalties if I change date but same ship?

albether7

Depends on what rate category you booked under. You are changing cruises and for example if booked under ES for example you would pay the $50 per person to change cruises. Being on the same ship is not what matters in this regard.

Need to look at the fine print of the category you booked under.

Looking to move our cruise 2 months later after final payment.

Any ideas about cruiseline penalties?

Thanks!

Al

It's pretty complicated - based on fare booked and days until sailing. From http://www.carnival.com FAQ....

Q; What is the cruise cancellation policy?

A: Cruise Cancellation Policy:

Length of Cruise Days Prior to Sailing Departure Charge (Per Guest)

2, 3, 4, and 5 day cruises Up to 61 days None (except for Cruise-To-Nowhere and Early Saver Fares*)

60 to 46 days Deposit^

45 to 30 days Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

29 to 15 days Deposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

14 days or less 100% of Total Fare

6 Day or longer cruises (Including Alaska and Hawaii)

Up to 76 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

75 to 56 days Deposit

55 to 30 days Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

14 days or less 100% of total Fare

Europe cruises, Panama Canal cruises & Transpacific cruises 7,9,12,14 & 17 day.

Up to 91 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

90 to 56 days Deposit

55 to 30 days Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

14 days or less 100% of total Fare

Note: Should cancellation charges apply, guests who purchased Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection -- including the new Cancel for Any Reason feature -- may be eligible for a refund of, or credits towards, the otherwise non-refundable value of their prepaid cruise vacation. Refer to the plan description for specific terms, conditions and exclusions.

Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Air Fare Supplement, Transfer Services and Pre-/Post-Cruise Vacation Packages.

*The deposit is non-refundable.

^For Cruises-To-Nowhere, the cancellation charge is 25% of the total fare.

Government fees/taxes are excluded from cancellation penalties.

For special 3/4/5th guest rates, if the cancellation penalty exceeds the rate, the penalty will be equivalent to that rate. Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure without risk of automatic cancellation.

No refunds will be made in the event of "no shows". We recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on what rate category you booked under. You are changing cruises and for example if booked under ES for example you would pay the $50 per person to change cruises. Being on the same ship is not what matters in this regard.

Need to look at the fine print of the category you booked under.

after final with ES, penalties are the same as with non ES bookings. The $50 penalty for ES changes is for before final payment

In your eyes, you're switching dates. In Carnival's eyes, you're canceling your cruise and booking a new one. Cancellation penalties will apply (look at the post above for specifics).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In your eyes, you're switching dates. In Carnival's eyes, you're canceling your cruise and booking a new one. Cancellation penalties will apply (look at the post above for specifics).

I totally agree with you Tapi. It is considered a cancellation by Carnival and there are penalties for canceling. Changing the date is a new booking for them although, to you, it's just a change in dates.

I agree...2 different things.

Edited by manmtnmike

If you go to "manage my cruise" there is a line that says something along the lines of " what is the penalty for cancelling this cruise" . As all those that posted before me, you are cancelling your cruise. Do not cancel on line but rather call Carnival and explain the situation to them. You might get luck and only have a $50 fee. Best of luck and happy cruising.

Exactly correct !

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app