Just off Silhouette-questions?

adijane

Hi All

I am just off the silhouette this AM. Overall it was a really good trip and a much nicer overall experience then my Norwegian cruises. If anyone has any questions I will try and answer them but I have no pictures of menus etc so I may not be as much help if you are looking for very specific information

Hi All

I am just off the silhouette this AM. Overall it was a really good trip and a much nicer overall experience then my Norwegian cruises. If anyone has any questions I will try and answer them but I have no pictures of menus etc so I may not be as much help if you are looking for very specific information

Welcome back! We board in two weeks. A couple of questions for you.

Did you hear of anything besides the azipods being fixed during dry dock this week? Any other upgrades being added? So far everyone has said no, but thought I would ask a current traveler.

Were there any deck parties?

What was your favorite thing you did or attended on the cruise?

Thanks!!!

Hi

there was a sail away deck party and of course NY eve was a big deck party as well. A couple things I really liked: those darn cheeseburgers at the mast grill are really that good, I enjoyed the in door pool area on sea day when it was so hot, and I thought the premium drink package was worth the extra money

as far as I know the dry dock is for mechanical issues only and the crew were saying it was just one week so I don't know what else they could tackle. In my estimation our itinerary was not impacted by mechanical issues that I could tell.

Enjoy your trip

A

Hi All

How was disembarkation? Did you get off early or late?

Thanks for offering to field questions from future cruisers! We're on the next Silhouette sailing, right after the drydock.

1 - Who was the cruise director?

2 - What was your favorite show? Were any worth skipping?

3 - Did they offer any laundry specials like a flat-rate price for whatever you can fit into one bag?

4 - Was anything crowded/worth showing up early to get a good spot?

We also just got off the Silhouette today. The cruise was very enjoyable. New Year's eve was a lot of fun. We started our evening in the Sky lounge and moved to pool area just before midnight.

Disembarkation was great. We carried our own luggage and we were off the ship and in our car by 7:30 -- Very organized.

Cruise Director was Mark (can't remember his last name).

Last full day at sea there as a laundry special - $45 for a bag of laundry

I saw no need to show up early for any show but I didn't go to Sin City so I don't know how crowded that was.

Ship is lovely.

Does anyone know the name of the Captains Club hostess currently on board. I would like to get in touch with them prior to my sailing in Feb.

Thanks

Bev

Donna is currently onboard. Don't know if she will be there for your cruise. Celebrity discourages any contact with staff while they are onboard. They are impossible to reach unless they have given you their contact number or email. The reason is simple: They could never meet their responsiblities to current passengers if they needed to handle requests from those not onboard. Any questions, concerns or needs you might have can be handled via the Miami Office and I suggest you contact them.

Donna is currently onboard. Don't know if she will be there for your cruise. Celebrity discourages any contact with staff while they are onboard. They are impossible to reach unless they have given you their contact number or email. The reason is simple: They could never meet their responsiblities to current passengers if they needed to handle requests from those not onboard. Any questions, concerns or needs you might have can be handled via the Miami Office and I suggest you contact them.

Thanks for your help and advise.

for those that did West Caribbean, did you set your clocks back prior to arriving in Cozumel? TIA.

My husband and I did the western Caribbean on Sil. this Nov.. If I remember correctly, We were told not to set clocks back. Ship time was an hour ahead of Cozumel time. Have a great trip. We loved it !

Hi All

Thanks for fielding questions. How was the regular coffee. Trying to decide if a coffee drinker needs to get the non al package if they only drink plain black coffee.

Any recommendations for embarkation - time- places to go- things to do on first day?

Has anyone used the luggage valet service? I thought it looked very interesting. Having celebrity pick up your Luggage the night before disembarking and not having to worry about them till you arrive at your home airport SOUNDS like a good service. any comments?

We also just got off the Silhouette today. The cruise was very enjoyable. New Year's eve was a lot of fun. We started our evening in the Sky lounge and moved to pool area just before midnight.

Disembarkation was great. We carried our own luggage and we were off the ship and in our car by 7:30 -- Very organized.

Cruise Director was Mark (can't remember his last name).

Last full day at sea there as a laundry special - $45 for a bag of laundry

I saw no need to show up early for any show but I didn't go to Sin City so I don't know how crowded that was.

Ship is lovely.

How was your cabin...and the overall condition of the ship?

Hi All

Has anyone used the luggage valet service? I thought it looked very interesting. Having celebrity pick up your Luggage the night before disembarking and not having to worry about them till you arrive at your home airport SOUNDS like a good service. any comments?

We always use the luggage valet service on our cruises and IMO is the only way to go. No lugging bags around, boarding passes printed out for you...no worries, no hassles and luggage has always been at our home airport.

I too have used the baggage valet...and I agree...it was super! Particularly if you have a flight that leaves later in the afternoon...no hassles with lugging suitcases around airport/hotel/ship.

What do they charge for this?