Do you have to buy drinks?

cookingfor5

Tap water on the ship is as good as bottled, just bring your own container. Water, juice, ice tea, lemonade, hot tea, coffee are all free 24 hours a day in the buffet, water and lemonade are usually found at the pool area also. Coffee, tea and water are always served at MDR . you can also get all these from room service at no charge, please tip a dollar or so to the room service runner. happy cruising

Minor variations depending on the ship, but.....

Iced ship's water is freely available at drinks stations, bars & dining rooms, same water as in your bathroom but that tends to be a little tepid - so store some in the fridge.

Ship's tea & (rather grim) coffee, often hot choc too, at drinks stations & after meals. Sometimes, eg RCI, a soda there too but IMHO it's pretty sickly stuff.

Fountain fruit juices normally only free at breakfast time.

Soft drinks, as well as alcohol, normally charged in bars etc.

No obligation to buy.

No worries ;)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

I seldom drink alcohol or pop either. I don't think I've ever bought a drink on a ship in over 30 cruises except maybe a hot chocolate once (Alaska). A few times I've had the free 'champagne' handed out at various times.

I get along just fine. I bring several bottles of water from home and then just refill them from the bathroom sink and store them in the fridge.

There is water, tea and coffee available in the dining room buffet areas, and other venues, usually fruit juice at breakfast and lemonade and other fruity punches all day. This varies with ship; some don't always have different fruit punches available.

The ship also sells bottled water, but it is priced pretty high.

I don't drink alcohol or soda. I don't need bottled water. Can I just get tap water or do we have to pay for drinks? Are there any drinks that are generally included if I'm thirsty during the day and not at a restaurant?

Depends on cruise line. Premium ships include all beverages (e.g., bottled water, soda, etc.) and some include alcohol while others offer alcohol packages for purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't drink alcohol or soda. I don't need bottled water. Can I just get tap water or do we have to pay for drinks? Are there any drinks that are generally included if I'm thirsty during the day and not at a restaurant?

included beverages:

from concentrate OJ and at least one other juice at breakfast.

Plain coffee

after breakfast: lemonade, iced tea, maybe one flavored water. Hot water available for hot tea and hot chocolate

the Buffet has dispensers pretty much 24/7. they will be taken down and cleaned or changed out at various times, and late night only one set will be up and running,

Hi! Seems you're on RCCL JewelOTS. The tap water in your cabin and elsewhere on the ship is perfectly fine to drink. :)

LuLu

You do not need to spend a penny on the ship, if you don't want to!

Yes...ice water is available everywhere....it's what they use to make the ice, food and other drinks...it's fine.

You can also get coffee, tea (iced or hot), milk, juice at breakfast, and usually lemonade or some sort of flavored water without charge.

two drink minimum!

old club rule . . .

You do not need to spend a penny on the ship, if you don't want to!

'cept tips .......

don't cut the recommended tips .. the tip is the MAJORITY of the 'service staff's income . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

We bring the drink mixes you add to a bottle of water. I get a few boxes of our favorite flavors, ditch the boxes, and bring all of them in a ziploc bag to save space.

We always bring a large water bottle apiece to refill and take ashore with us so we don't have to pay the ship price for the large bottles or create more waste that has to be sorted and recycled.