Is a 7 day cruise too long for a second time cruiser?

For me, cruises #1 - 8 ranged from 3 to 7 days. The next three cruises were 14 or 15 day ones. After the first of those, my hubby said he feels the 7 day ones are too short -- after the first day of getting on board and checking out the ship, it seems that last day comes way too soon.

Our first cruise was our shortest at 11 nights. We fell in love with cruising and do a cruise a year.

I can't imagine doing 7 nights- I would have to be dragged off the ship.

Go ahead do 7 nights in the Caribbean, you will love it.

Cheers, h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

Our first cruise was over 2 weeks and the second was about 10 days.

We find anything under 7 days to be too short.

The only way it( or any vacation for that matter) would be too long is if it wasn't any fun. Pick a ship, itinerary and travel partners you enjoy and the length will be perfect.

I just love cruising so a week for a second cruise sounds good. Shortest I've been on is 3 nights and longest was 60 odd days. Off on a 20 night cruise this spring yeah.

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Edited by jaydeemdm2015

Our first was a 7 night Caribbean cruise. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have been on many cruise since, all overseas itineraries. Our second cruise was 14 nights. We have not been on anything shorter than 12 nights since that first one. We much prefer the longer cruises. The amount of travel time and packing/unpacking needed is the same for a short cruise as a long one. Which means more cruising for the same effort.

We also tack on a few days extra on both ends of the cruise so we can visit even more places on our own. We usually take three week vacations.

Only you can answer that. Our first was a 7 day and the second was a 10 day. Great for us.

Like Yuba says only you can answer this. Asking on CC will get you 99% "go on a 7 day, you will love it!" replies. It's like asking if you will like Scientology at a Scientology convention!:eek:

My DW started cruising before I did. When I finally stated we went on three and four day ones as I hated the cooped up feeling I initially felt on the ship. My first 5 day cruise almost sent me over the edge!:eek: Some people say it did.;) Basically I had to learn how to relax on a longer cruise. We have three boys. Two would love a 7 day cruise. The middle one can't sit still for ten minutes - no way he would ever go on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by DirtyDawg

I agree that you will probably enjoy a 7 day. I also would love to do a longer than 7 day cruise but not in the plans just yet.

I would think that it might be difficult if traveling with children, depending on how they might handle being out of their routine that long. I've heard from cruiser friends that some children are fine and some can only handle it so for so long and then it becomes problematic. Only the parents would know how their children might react. If adults only traveling, totally go for it and enjoy!

We started with short and gradually got longer, have done two 15 days and B2B adding up to 17 days. We are leaving in 45 days for B2B2B2B for a total of 28 days. I still don't think it will be long enough!

Edited by N2Mischief