Pre-reserving Spa Appointments on Cruise Personalizer

czarinahil

So after reading in another thread that this was now an option, I went to the cruise personalizer for my 1/21/06 cruise to check it out. When I click on pre-reserve spa appiontments I then get a message that is is not yet available. Has anyone else actually been able to book this way? Is it because I am not yet 120 days out like the excursion pre booking? Or is it because it is a new feature that they don't have up and running yet?

There is only one sea day on my 7 day cruise cruise so I figure it will be difficult to get the reservations so this was a great find!

Hilary

I just went and looked for our December cruise on the Grand. This option wasn't there a couple of days ago, so it was interesting to look at.

When you click on it, you get basically the same menu as for the shore excursions. It shows each persons name on the booking and says: prereserve.

I clicked on that and you get a pull down menu that shows all the dates of your cruise. Click on a date. Then the pull down menu on the right asks what service you would like: Hair, Message, Nails, Facial and more more I think. You pick the category you want and then it goes to the next page. There it shows all the available treatments, under the category you wanted, and explains what it is. Very similar again to the shore excursion menus. When you find what you want, click on it and it gives you the price and full description. There was another box to click that shows all the times available. That was as far as I went with it, but it does look pretty good if there is something you definitely want to do.

If you do book something, I would definitely print out what you booked and have it with you. I always do that with any shore excursions we book just to make sure we can show what we booked if there is a problem. This does look pretty cool. I know they originally had this for the Diamond and Sapphire Princess when Princess was running the spas, but I know that had changed. Looks like they are now doing this in conjunction with Stiener. Pretty nice.

Hulagirl

Hey Lady Jag! Hadn't really even thought of having anything done, but it could be a thought. Was so surprised when this was posted for the cruise personalizer. Have been looking to see if the shore excursions had opened and didn't even notice the spa thing.

Going to see Brianna today. She is filling in at Nordstrom for the afternoon and it is fun to talk to her. Have you seen the Survivor ad with her in it yet?

HG

Does anyone have any ideas on good vs bad times for spa treatments. I would love to preorder something I am just not sure what day to schedule...This is my first cruise so I appreciate learning from you experience....

When I went into the cruise personalizer this is what it shows. As of right now it says we can book for our December cruise, but when I look at the April one it says that it isn't available to book yet.

Passenger Immigration >> *

Special Requests >>

Cruise Preferences >>

Shore Excursions >> **

Lotus Spa Reservations >>

Terre: Be sure and look again because it should be there. We have the Star booked for Dec. 2006 and when I get into the personalizer at the first page it shows the Lotus Spa Reservations there, just can't book yet. The only ship we are booked on, that I haven't looked for it yet is the Tahitian Princess, but the other ships (Grand, Star and Sapphire) all show it in my personalizer.

Hulagirl

We have reservations on the Star for 3/19/06 and it shows up on our personalizer. However, when I go to pre-reserve them it says it's too early and to check back later so there must be some kind of delay, like 120 days out or something.

We are sailing in 2 weeks on the Grand and there was nothing in the personalizer about Lotus. Is this only for some cruises?

Perhaps it is ship or itinerary specific. We are booked on the Golden for March of 06 and the page shows up in my Cruise Personalizer. Can't book yet or look at the "What type of service would you like?" box as we are more than 120 days out. It sure will be great to book in advance rather than having to dash for the Spa the minute we get on board.

We are sailing in 2 weeks on the Grand and there was nothing in the personalizer about Lotus. Is this only for some cruises?

The pre-booking service is available on the Grand...I first saw it on the personalizer a couple days ago. Because our cruise isn't until March, I'm not able to reserve services yet. I assume the timeline will be similar to shore excursions.

ijkh -- Maybe you can't pre-book for your cruise in 2 weeks because this is still so new. I think it was Thursday that I first saw the spa appointment option on cruise personalizer.

I'm booked on the Sun in January and it's not on my personalizer either. Is it part of the shore excursion menu or do you actually see it on the first page of the personalizer? This might be one more thing for my TA to check out for me.

Archived