Question for winter cruise from B-More

Hi all,

I tried to post this on the GOTS page but can't not figure out how to start a new thread. Apologies in advance.

We are booked January 2016 on the Granduer from Baltimore. We are very excited to cruise from Maryland. Also excited to cruise under the bay bridge..... We live about ten minutes east of the bridge.

I am curious are you in warmer'ish weather on day two? We have only ever cruised in the summer. But could not pass up a great price and no flight fares.

Thank you so much,

Sandi

We cruised on Grandeur this past Thanksgiving. It was about 36 degrees when we sailed, and I think it started to get warmer by the next afternoon, but it was more fall type weather (vs summer weather), and by second day we were in PC, so was shorts weather. We went swimming in outside pool the first sea day - it was still very chilly outside, but they heated the pool so was very nice. We actually saw two brave souls in the pool before we departed :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by RSLeesburg

We cruised on Grandeur this past Thanksgiving. It was about 36 degrees when we sailed, and I think it started to get warmer by evening of

Thank you! We all know how our winters can be way unpredictable.

I used to live in lovesttsville growing up...........Leesburg is such a pretty town.

Sandi

Edited by sandi1967

Thank you! We all know how our winters can be way unpredictable.

I used to live in lovesttsville growing up...........Leesburg is such a prett town.

Sandi

Sorry, I was trying to correct and hit reply too quickly...lol

As I write this it is 51 degrees in Port Canaveral, so sometimes even FL is cool:(. I don't get much sympathy from my friends who are freezing back north:rolleyes:

Thom

For you that is cold.

It is -7 degrees here for close to a week with the windchill. My Mom was moaning about the cold in Sarasota, and she just left here as it was getting cold on Saturday. She left the day before freezing rain, followed by snow squalls and frigid temps. This week our son has had 1.5 days of school out of 5.

When she goes away she forgets to feel sorry for us "stuck" up here.

As I write this it is 51 degrees in Port Canaveral, so sometimes even FL is cool:(. I don't get much sympathy from my friends who are freezing back north:rolleyes:

Thom

He, he... This is, of course, true. I would be in shorts at 60 degrees, but others might consider 70-80s as summer weather. I think the temps in PC were in high 60s or low 70s in Nov, but I remember having 32 degree weather in Daytona in Jan / Feb when I was in college.

Thank you for the replies!!! We had a quick bout of snow on Tuesday in which our kids had a two hour early dismissal from school. I hate to complain when I know it is unusual for MD to get in the single digits for more then a day or so.

I will take the 60's in January.

Sandi

While you are at breakfast the first morning you will be off the coast of the Carolina's.

By evening you will be or should be in shorts (we are from upstate NY ). This of course depends on weather which cannot be predicted even by the weather channel..LOL

We've sailed out of Baltimore many times and most sailings have been in February.

Parkas or winter coats on deck for the sailaway.

Shorts and maybe a light jacket or sweater for a walk on deck the next evening.

OMO

bosco

Hi all,

I tried to post this on the GOTS page but can't not figure out how to start a new thread. Apologies in advance.

We are booked January 2016 on the Granduer from Baltimore. We are very excited to cruise from Maryland. Also excited to cruise under the bay bridge..... We live about ten minutes east of the bridge.

I am curious are you in warmer'ish weather on day two? We have only ever cruised in the summer. But could not pass up a great price and no flight fares.

Thank you so much,

Sandi

we did a Christmas cruise on GR 2 years ago. it was not until day 3 that it got nice enough to be wandering around outside or hang out in the pool/hot tub. and of course coming back it got colder coming back that much sooner. and we had to dig out the car..luckily, being from Upstate NY we had a shovel in the back. it was maybe 2-3 inches so it was very easy to get rid of.

These replies make me very hopeful that we will have some nicer warmer pool/hot tub weather on our second day as we are leaving in April 2016 on the Grandeur! Cant wait! So glad we don't have to fly to go on cruises!