Navigator of the Seas on 4/26/15

buffy24

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on 4/26/15. It's been 10 years since our last cruise and 19 years since I was last on RCCL!

We are currently looking into transportation from Houston International (IAH) to Galveston. We arrive on Saturday. We were initially looking at renting a car, but the cost is ridiculous: $387 is the cheapest. Transfers are also expensive, but I know if you share, it can bring the cost down. Is anyone else coming in on Saturday 4/25 and looking to share transporation to Galveston?

We currently have a hotel in Galveston, as we were hoping to spend some time there before the cruise, but I suppose we could cancel and stay and Houston and purchase the ship transfers. Does anyone know what the cost of the transfers would be?

I appreciate any information that anyone can give me!

Thanks!

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on 4/26/15. It's been 10 years since our last cruise and 19 years since I was last on RCCL!

We are currently looking into transportation from Houston International (IAH) to Galveston. We arrive on Saturday. We were initially looking at renting a car, but the cost is ridiculous: $387 is the cheapest. Transfers are also expensive, but I know if you share, it can bring the cost down. Is anyone else coming in on Saturday 4/25 and looking to share transporation to Galveston?

We currently have a hotel in Galveston, as we were hoping to spend some time there before the cruise, but I suppose we could cancel and stay and Houston and purchase the ship transfers. Does anyone know what the cost of the transfers would be?

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You need to ask your sharing question on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039988

Also, for general transportation questions about Galveston, try the Gulf Coast Departures forum. Lots of folks there with experience in the area:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Edited by clarea

Hello,

Thanks!

In November, the cost for a transfer from IAH to the port of Galveston was $47 pp each way. We used Cool Tours for our transfers which included a 1 night stay in Kemah. So we effectively had three transfers. IAH to the hotel in Kemah, Kemah to the port of Galveston the following day, and Galveston back to IAH. The cost was $100 total pp for all three legs which included gratuity. I would highly recommend Cool Tours. They were prompt and communications were great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The options mentioned above are ones you should consider.

But, if you really want a rental car, you can rent one way from Avis from IAH to Texas City for about $70 on your dates (you might be able to get a better rate if you try discount or coupon codes). If you call Texas City Avis, expect them to offer you a ride to the port for $50 per vehicle (you might be able to share that ride from Avis to port with others from your roll call if you work it out just so).

We are trying this precruise soon. Since we have the rental car, if weather cooperates we will enjoy the evening in Galveston, then drive back to out hotel on mainland near Avis to sleep. If weather is bad we will go to Galleria or a museum or something. Being close to rental return it should make the day of cruise easy, I hope.

Since we have an early flight during a fog prone time of year, we plan to use the ship transfer to get back to IAH post cruise ($47 pp).

Hi

My husband and I will be cruising on Navigator April 26th. We actually fly into Houston on Saturday and are looking at transportation options from a hotel in Houston to the cruise port. We haven't booked a hotel yet, but wondered if anyone provide information about shuttles from Houston Bush IAH airport to the cruise port and back. We plan to just stay in Houston at a hotel there to cut the cost of renting a car, so we think we could easily get back to the airport to catch a cruise ship shuttle when we need to.

We are new at this, so any information is appreciated.

Thanks so much

Edited by mmc123mac

Hi

My husband and I will be cruising on Navigator April 26th. We actually fly into Houston on Saturday and are looking at transportation options from a hotel in Houston to the cruise port. We haven't booked a hotel yet, but wondered if anyone provide information about shuttles from Houston Bush IAH airport to the cruise port and back. We plan to just stay in Houston at a hotel there to cut the cost of renting a car, so we think we could easily get back to the airport to catch a cruise ship shuttle when we need to.

We are new at this, so any information is appreciated.

Thanks so much

We have booked a hotel by IAH airport with free shuttle to and from airport and are going to catch the cruise shuttle to the ship the next morning. Hotels are a lot cheaper by the airport than the port and round trip cruise shuttle for us was $98 Canadian. That's the best option we found. We sail in 22 days [emoji4] can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have booked a hotel by IAH airport with free shuttle to and from airport and are going to catch the cruise shuttle to the ship the next morning. Hotels are a lot cheaper by the airport than the port and round trip cruise shuttle for us was $98 Canadian. That's the best option we found. We sail in 22 days [emoji4] can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to hear your experience with hotel/cruise shuttle when you get back!!!