Classic bev pkg drink limit & time limit?

Bob7

With the classic bev pkg does anyone know if there is a daily limit on the number of drinks you can order, and a minimum time between orders? On HAL recently it was 15 drinks/day, same a CCL I think, and 5 minutes between orders. The waiters offered to keep our cards and bring the drinks when the time limit permitted ... b/c when yer eyes are crossed it's hard to read your watch.

With the classic bev pkg does anyone know if there is a daily limit on the number of drinks you can order, and a minimum time between orders? On HAL recently it was 15 drinks/day, same a CCL I think, and 5 minutes between orders. The waiters offered to keep our cards and bring the drinks when the time limit permitted ... b/c when yer eyes are crossed it's hard to read your watch.

No limit, no time, you can get as drunk and disorderly as you please:eek: Till they throw you in the lock up down on deck 2 that is! But if your eyes are already crossed you will never know it, untill you see your luggage sitting at your side on the pier at the next port.

Question? Why would you need to slam drinks that fast?:confused: Doesent sound like Celebrity is the kind of experience you are going to like. In 20+ years we have only seen 1 person so drunk their eyes crossed, and they were put off at the next port.

Edited by wallie5446

There is no limit on the number of drinks you can order per day. No one seems to know an absolute time limit between drinks but 10 minutes seems to be a pretty good estimate. You can only order one drink at a time on one card, to keep people from sharing drinks. But if you are at a bar where the bartender is keeping an eye on you and knows that you are the only one consuming the drinks, there probably isn't a real time limit, only how quickly can you get the bartender's attention to pour your next drink.

With the classic bev pkg does anyone know if there is a daily limit on the number of drinks you can order, and a minimum time between orders?

I believe the simple answer is as many as you can chug and as fast as you can chug them. LOL. Have at it.

I have had several bartenders allow me order an alcoholic beverage and a bottle of water simultaneously. I don't know if this was more of an exception or just smart, logical thinking.

Many GAVE me a bottle of water without asking. I think it is a good plan to keep people hydrated in a hot climate & possibly drinking more alcohol than typical.

No limit, no time, you can get as drunk and disorderly as you please:eek: Till they throw you in the lock up down on deck 2 that is! But if your eyes are already crossed you will never know it, untill you see your luggage sitting at your side on the pier at the next port.

Question? Why would you need to slam drinks that fast?:confused: Doesent sound like Celebrity is the kind of experience you are going to like. In 20+ years we have only seen 1 person so drunk their eyes crossed, and they were put off at the next port.

Oh dear, my eyes tend to cross after the second drink. I hope they will not put me off at the next port!

This was not my response, but on my last HAL cruise I wanted a coffee and a water in the morning and had to wait 5 minutes between. That seemed ridiculous.

I had trouble on two occassions on the Summit last year. One was they wouldn't give me a water when I dumped a shot of Baily's in my coffee, and the other was they wouldn't give me a beer until I finished my Tequila shot. Other times I had no problem, so I think it is more of the individual bartenders.

Yes, the "time limit" is an approximate thing, subject to each bartender's judgment. If you are sitting at a bar, and it's clear that you wouldn't be ordering the second drink to share, you can usually get it (ie. a shot and a beer). But if you are asking for an unopened beer and are likely to walk away back to your lounge share pool side, and then you re-appear a moment later and ask for a second beer, it might appear that you are trying to share your package, and you would run into trouble.

We tend to use one bar all the time,well more than most.The bar staff get know us and don't even ask for the cards,it has been known to order cocktails one after another just to try them.

One night we were in a bar with a number of people and every one was told to go to bed,we all did :confused::)

I had trouble on two occassions on the Summit last year. One was they wouldn't give me a water when I dumped a shot of Baily's in my coffee, and the other was they wouldn't give me a beer until I finished my Tequila shot. Other times I had no problem, so I think it is more of the individual bartenders.

No beer until you finish your tequila!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/70/ec/61/70ec616cb19ba52a7fdc029fcccbd888.jpg

This was not my response, but on my last HAL cruise I wanted a coffee and a water in the morning and had to wait 5 minutes between. That seemed ridiculous.

A: I would post this response on HAL;

B: We have both upgraded from a '123 Go' deal and bought the premium package on Trans Atlantics.

We like our Martinis; we always drink wine, by the glass, with dinner; we often have beer or wine, by the glass, with lunch; we always go through at least three bottles of Evian (each) daily; we almost always have at least one Latte after breakfast in Al Baccio. We could always order an Evian right after ordering a Latte; A Perrier right after a Martini;

C: I tend to sip my Martini fairly quickly. Never had an issue ordering number two.

My calculations have always been that we come out ahead.

Edited by sasset

B: We have both upgraded from a '123 Go' deal and bought the premium package on Trans Atlantics.

We like our Martinis; we always drink wine, by the glass, with dinner; we often have beer or wine, by the glass, with lunch; we always go through at least three bottles of Evian (each) daily; we almost always have at least one Latte after breakfast in Al Baccio. We could always order an Evian right after ordering a Latte; A Perrier right after a Martini;

C: I tend to sip my Martini fairly quickly. Never had an issue ordering number two.

Lol ditto Sasset and then some! Find your favorite bar/servers and an occasional $20 will ensure you never go thirsty.

We also upgraded from classic to premium for our upcoming cruise: how did you like the wine by the glass selections?

We also upgraded from classic to premium for our upcoming cruise: how did you like the wine by the glass selections?

We liked the by the glass choices. In Select Dining on Infinity we had an excellent sommelier (can't think of his name at the moment). We like to order different wines with different courses. We went with his recommendations most of the time and were quite pleased. I think by the glass is the way to go in multiple course meals.

We did find that different bars had different choices. We like Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay. If you ordered in the Oceanview and the server went to the aft bar you couldn't get it. If he/she went to the forward Oceanview bar, where they also have the fresh juice, you could get it there. Doesn't make sense. Same with some of the beers.

We liked the by the glass choices. In Select Dining on Infinity we had an excellent sommelier (can't think of his name at the moment). We like to order different wines with different courses. We went with his recommendations most of the time and were quite pleased. I think by the glass is the way to go in multiple course meals.

We did find that different bars had different choices. We like Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay. If you ordered in the Oceanview and the server went to the aft bar you couldn't get it. If he/she went to the forward Oceanview bar, where they also have the fresh juice, you could get it there. Doesn't make sense. Same with some of the beers.

Celebrity has a huge selection of wines and I think it would be impossible for all the small bars to have the full selection of wines. Some are only available in the MDR. If I know which bar carries my choice I just pick one up myself rather than wait for the poor bartender to run all over the ship. Normally I am not picky though:D

I find the timing question quite funny. One has 24 hours to consume ones drink or drinks so why the rush to consume it all in 5 minutes.

We were at an evening show one night and when our drinks arrived we immediately ordered a second round. By the time we finished or nearly finished our cocktails our second round arrived.

One just cant understand some people.

If you have the classic beverage package, can you upgrade to the premium once you get on the ship, or do you need to do that prior to boarding?

Was hoping to use some of my OBC to pay for the upgrade. :D

Greetings

You can upgrade on the ship. Any bar can upgrade you and there are usually tables (outside the buffet and near Bistro) where staff are available to upgrade your package. You can also wait later in the cruise and "test drive" the Classic package to see if it is sufficient.

Good Sailing

Tom

Just wondering if you are allowed to order doubles? Just sometimes enjoy a long, leisurely drink.

Double as in two of the same drink, generally not. Double as in "make it a double" then yes, as long as it stays within the cost limit of your package. Even if it doesn't, you could order the drink and then a bit later an extra shot.

As with anything else you'll generally have more options with the premium package but it depends on what you drink.

Double as in two of the same drink, generally not. Double as in "make it a double" then yes, as long as it stays within the cost limit of your package. Even if it doesn't, you could order the drink and then a bit later an extra shot.

As with anything else you'll generally have more options with the premium package but it depends on what you drink.

We will be doing the premium package. I know some cruise lines have good pricing for doubles. I don't know if that is the case with Celebrity.