Crab Shack on Emerald Princess

aggie1

We are sailing Sunday on the Emerald. I have head a lot about the Crab Shack, but no specifics. Is it a specialty rest that is opened every night where you make res ahead of time and what is the cost? Someone said about an extravanganza there. If anyone knows specifics please let me know. Thanks for your help.

We are sailing Sunday on the Emerald. I have head a lot about the Crab Shack, but no specifics. Is it a specialty rest that is opened every night where you make res ahead of time and what is the cost? Someone said about an extravanganza there. If anyone knows specifics please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Crab Shack is done several times during a cruise and is held in a partitioned off area of the buffet. There will be advertising in Patter to tell you how to make reservations. Last I heard charge was $20

Is Crab Shack run at lunch only or does it mix up and is available at dinner?

Depends on the ship...

When I was on coral, it was in the bayou cafe at lunch time on

a couple days. On grand class ships, it is usually in a section

of the lido at night.

We did the Crab Shack on the Emerald Princess. I would highly recommend it. The cost was $20 per person. There is an enormous amount of food. I had trouble finishing the Alaskan King crab legs in my bucket and had to leave several of the peel and eat shrimp to leave room for the crab. You can watch for announcements in the Patter or just call the dine line and ask what nights it will be available. Make reservations!

We did the Crab Shack on the Emerald Princess. I would highly recommend it. The cost was $20 per person. There is an enormous amount of food. I had trouble finishing the Alaskan King crab legs in my bucket and had to leave several of the peel and eat shrimp to leave room for the crab. You can watch for announcements in the Patter or just call the dine line and ask what nights it will be available. Make reservations!

Is anything highly seasoned and/or have garlic on it?

[ATTACH]336112[/ATTACH]

You will not need any more than one plate. This is what is served as a main course normally for two

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They will bring two of those if you ask. We didn't intend to but there was a misunderstanding. We said each of us wanted the same thing. They thought each of us wanted one so they brought two.

There are also some wonderful appetizers and great desserts too. The cost was $20PP.

Does anyone know if this can be ordered with just crab, no shrimp? I am allergic to shrimp, but not allergic to any other shellfish.

Probably, but wouldn't you worry about cross contamination? Normally your whole meal is piled in a bucket and you fish out what you want.

Does anyone know if this can be ordered with just crab, no shrimp? I am allergic to shrimp, but not allergic to any other shellfish.

You probably can get just crab legs if you order at least 2 days in advance through the head chef. Just check on menus and Crab Shack dates on your first night with your MDR waiter.

I'm also allergic to shrimp and not crab, and they have modified several dishes for me since I always post in my pre-trip info about my shrimp allergy.

We ate at the Crab Shack last week on the Caribbean Princess. I had the Alaskan king crab legs and peel-and-eat shrimp. If they had a dusting of Old Bay seasoning, it wasn't detectable. The waiter brought me some cocktail sauce for my shrimp. DH ordered the mixed steamer with peeled shrimp, snow crab cluster, mussels, clams, and kielbasa. I think the broth had some wine in it and maybe garlic--but the garlic flavor could have been from the sausage. Both were good. We shared. The only bad thing was the hushpuppies. They were the worst I've ever tried to eat.

We ate at the Crab Shack last week on the Caribbean Princess. I had the Alaskan king crab legs and peel-and-eat shrimp. If they had a dusting of Old Bay seasoning, it wasn't detectable. The waiter brought me some cocktail sauce for my shrimp. DH ordered the mixed steamer with peeled shrimp, snow crab cluster, mussels, clams, and kielbasa. I think the broth had some wine in it and maybe garlic--but the garlic flavor could have been from the sausage. Both were good. We shared. The only bad thing was the hushpuppies. They were the worst I've ever tried to eat.

That's 'cause you're a southerner and the ship folks don't have a clue how to do hush puppies. :D;):D

That's 'cause you're a southerner and the ship folks don't have a clue how to do hush puppies.

That is too funny! As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, "if the hushpuppies are good, the seafood has GOT to be good". We're from Texas :)

That's 'cause you're a southerner and the ship folks don't have a clue how to do hush puppies.

That is too funny! As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, "if the hushpuppies are good, the seafood has GOT to be good". We're from Texas :)

LOL Monica. Neil is from NC, you from TX and I'm in FL. Seafood will be good. Hushpuppies.........???? :)

Thanks - DH hates garlic and spicy food.