Champagne included in classic package?

patterson3

I apologise in advance, because I know the drink packages have been discussed ad nauseum on this board, but a quick search didn't answer this question and my wife was wondering if any champagnes or proseccos are included in the classic drink package?

Thank you in advance.

There is a prosecco included in the package (priced at $9 a glass, which falls in the classic package as the limit for wines in classic is up to $9) and I would imagine that the celebrity vintages champagne, where/if available is included. I do know that the champagne carried at most bars, by the glass is Chandon and they charge $11 which would fall under the premium package.

The prosecco that is available for $9 is Vigneti Fantinel, Extra Dry, Veneto. It is available even at the pool bar.

Here are some drink menus from the cruise we were on last week. The list of wines is from Cellar Masters.

There is a prosecco included in the package (priced at $9 a glass, which falls in the classic package as the limit for wines in classic is up to $9) and I would imagine that the celebrity vintages champagne, where/if available is included. I do know that the champagne carried at most bars, by the glass is Chandon and they charge $11 which would fall under the premium package.

The prosecco that is available for $9 is Vigneti Fantinel, Extra Dry, Veneto. It is available even at the pool bar.

Here are some drink menus from the cruise we were on last week. The list of wines is from Cellar Masters.

Thanks a lot for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the wine list. :)

Thanks for the updated list. Do you know if Pouilly Fusse is included in the premium package ( $13.5/glass)

I think the premium package allows wines and cocktails up to $13 a glass

I was planning on upgrading from classic to premium, if I ordered a glass of wine which was .50 over the $13 will they just charge the difference or full $13.50?

I was planning on upgrading from classic to premium, if I ordered a glass of wine which was .50 over the $13 will they just charge the difference or full $13.50?

Yes with the premium package. You cannot do this with the classic package.

I apologise in advance, because I know the drink packages have been discussed ad nauseum on this board, but a quick search didn't answer this question and my wife was wondering if any champagnes or proseccos are included in the classic drink package?

Thank you in advance.

Yes on champagne. Equinox in December.

I was cleaning out a folder from my Baltic's cruise and found this sheet that was given to me by the purser on the Connie. I had forgotten all about it. :)

That list is outdated. If you look at Celebrity's website, you will see a lot of brands now missing from the classic beverage list.

Here is the link from Celebrity's website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Thanks for the wine list Paul.

That Lapastolle was $13/glass on Eclipse last Feb. :(

I drank a decent amount of it.

Guess I should be glad that at least it's still there. :rolleyes:

We also drank a lot of the Catena (both are Reds).

It's now $10.50/glass and is $14/bottle at our local wine store (AND at Costco!)

I understand marking up but.............

Edited by chamima

What you generally get is prosecutor, Cava or whatever the US Equivalent is. All made via the same mthod but it is only if produced the the region that it can be called champagne.

They usually do a good pink champagne in Murano but that is around $26 per glass.

Other than that is is just fizzy wine albeit some U.S. very good

That list is outdated. If you look at Celebrity's website, you will see a lot of brands now missing from the classic beverage list.

Here is the link from Celebrity's website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Looks very similar to me. It was just given out in May of 2014. What's missing? Having a hard time looking from list to list.

Looks very similar to me. It was just given out in May of 2014. What's missing? Having a hard time looking from list to list.

Just as an example (since that's one of the reasons we will be upgrading) Bombay Sapphire gin was moved to Premium.

Corvoiser is in Premium now.

I noticed Blue Moon (beer) is now in Premium.

I am sure there are others, but I know the new list on the Celebrity website was more recent than May 2014.

Thanks!

Well, still plenty of drinks to be had with the Classic. I am not a brand specific type of person, as I am not a big drinker. In fact, for a cruise in late March, I have the free Non-Alcoholic package. I was looking at the prices of all the packages and cannot figure something out. Perhaps you can help. ;)

I was thinking of upgrading to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package. In the package pricing, it says the price of the Non-Alcoholic Classic package is $16 + gratuities per day ($112 +). Yet, on my invoice for a 7 day cruise, the amount comes to only $98 (including gratuity).

Can anyone tell me why there is a difference in pricing?

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks!

Well, still plenty of drinks to be had with the Classic. I am not a brand specific type of person, as I am not a big drinker. In fact, for a cruise in late March, I have the free Non-Alcoholic package. I was looking at the prices of all the packages and cannot figure something out. Perhaps you can help. ;)

I was thinking of upgrading to the Premium Non-Alcoholic package. In the package pricing, it says the price of the Non-Alcoholic Classic package is $16 + gratuities per day ($112 +). Yet, on my invoice for a 7 day cruise, the amount comes to only $98 (including gratuity).

That makes absolutely no sense to me. The package price is correct, but your invoice is clearly not.

I would say to call them to make sure it's correct, but...............

You know the story. LOL

What you generally get is prosecutor, Cava or whatever the US Equivalent is. All made via the same mthod but it is only if produced the the region that it can be called champagne.

They usually do a good pink champagne in Murano but that is around $26 per glass.

Other than that is is just fizzy wine albeit some U.S. very good

Here is a "not so well known" tidbit about "Champagne." The good ole USA never signed the international treaty/agreement where the signatures agreed not to use the name "Champagne" unless the product was truly from the Champagne region of France. The USA finally agreed to prohibit the use of the "Champagne" name, but brands that existed prior to 2006 were Grandfathered and can still use the name "Champagne" on their bottles.

So, there are still some awful sparkling wines made and sold in the USA that call themselves Champagne.

Hank

I did a search and found the same code and amount in this post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42606217&postcount=9

The alcoholic package must have gone up since this post was made. The 1st and 2nd passenger in my cabin have $343 listed as the cost. Perhaps the $98 is last years cost for the non-alcoholic package?

Here is a "not so well known" tidbit about "Champagne." The good ole USA never signed the international treaty/agreement where the signatures agreed not to use the name "Champagne" unless the product was truly from the Champagne region of France. The USA finally agreed to prohibit the use of the "Champagne" name, but brands that existed prior to 2006 were Grandfathered and can still use the name "Champagne" on their bottles.

So, there are still some awful sparkling wines made and sold in the USA that call themselves Champagne.

Hank

Thanks Hank

Actually there are also particularly good prosecco an cava wines as well as the US varieties.

We did a trip to the Cordoniu cellars not far from Barcelona and you would not have told the difference between what we were served and top end champagne

Gordon

Apparently the per glass dollar allowance has been increased to 10.50 for classic package. Not sure if this is just for AUS cruises or fleet wide. Do you know what the increased premium allowance is? Thanks!

Thanks!

Is it perhaps cheaper if you upgrade prior to the cruise?