W o w is right!!!!

I'm so annoyed at the price increase right now during the "sale"..i'm seriously looking at another cruise line...the price is crazy. I cruised last year same week for a week and this year same cruise is $675 more expensive..ON SALE.

I am stuck with this particular week off so must find something...never will i go on carnival again...any help? I may put off vacation until October but the weather can really be an issue. Left once out of PR in a hurricane on Nov. 1st...

Island to visit?

All inclusive?

Princess?

Norwegian? Will i hate it?

Please help this poor girl find a vacation!:cool:

I'm so annoyed at the price increase right now during the "sale"..i'm seriously looking at another cruise line...the price is crazy. I cruised last year same week for a week and this year same cruise is $675 more expensive..ON SALE.

I am stuck with this particular week off so must find something...never will i go on carnival again...any help? I may put off vacation until October but the weather can really be an issue. Left once out of PR in a hurricane on Nov. 1st...

Island to visit?

All inclusive?

Princess?

Norwegian? Will i hate it?

Please help this poor girl find a vacation!:cool:

Plan on October, but don't finalize anything. Check back on Freedom after final payment. You should be able to drive down to PC pretty easy

We have booked 2 cruises where I priced out the cabin we wanted during a non-sale period but when I went to book the next day a BOGO half off sale was on. The first person rate was jacked up, and by the time it was all said and done, the total cost was EXACTLY the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We just booked a Thanksgiving wow sale. I think we did ok, as price is now up $400.

You are correct op the wow sales seem like perks for rccl and not the passenger. I am booked later this month on a cruise. I noticed online that there were "w" guarantees available for $1499 p/p for doubles and quadruples. I am traveling as a triple. I wanted to upgrade to a "w" for $1200 more for the week. I called and was put on hold for 45 minutes. After waiting was told sorry we cannot do it. I shows how disconnected rccl is. I understand the capacity issues but if a quad was available why not a triple. In the long run rccl is out $1200 and I am up $1200. If you are unhappy with pricing go on a different vacation. I am thinking this will be my last cruise for a long time. Rccl is treating their passengers (customers) poorly with these stupid wow sales, diminished amenities, cutting down on staff ext. There is a total disconnect with their customers or maybe just me:-)

You are correct op the wow sales seem like perks for rccl and not the passenger. I am booked later this month on a cruise. I noticed online that there were "w" guarantees available for $1499 p/p for doubles and quadruples. I am traveling as a triple. I wanted to upgrade to a "w" for $1200 more for the week. I called and was put on hold for 45 minutes. After waiting was told sorry we cannot do it. I shows how disconnected rccl is. I understand the capacity issues but if a quad was available why not a triple. In the long run rccl is out $1200 and I am up $1200. If you are unhappy with pricing go on a different vacation. I am thinking this will be my last cruise for a long time. Rccl is treating their passengers (customers) poorly with these stupid wow sales, diminished amenities, cutting down on staff ext. There is a total disconnect with their customers or maybe just me:-)

If you really want that JS, there is another option you might consider:

Book two cabins. You could book an adult and child in the JS gty and book the other adult in the cheapest possible cabin. Nobody will do bed checks, so you can all share as you wish. The other cabin could be unused or a quiet spot if somebody gets a headache or cold. Of course, the adult in the second cabin would have to pay solo fare; so that might be as pricey as the JS for 4, but check. Also if you book two cabins, you could contemplate bring a fourth person (who would have that second cabin)...maybe a grandparent, sibling, friend, babysitter. It might be worth doing the calculation.

I'm sure this question has been hashed over again and again, but...

I just booked during the current BOGOHO+$200 OBC promotion; not because of the promotion, but because the stateroom category we want was about to be sold out. We normally apply visa points for a free companion fare, but I'm not sure if this is permitted and if it is how the BOGOHO+$200 OBC promotion is affected. Please fill me in. Thanks.

I'm sure this question has been hashed over again and again, but...

I just booked during the current BOGOHO+$200 OBC promotion; not because of the promotion, but because the stateroom category we want was about to be sold out. We normally apply visa points for a free companion fare, but I'm not sure if this is permitted and if it is how the BOGOHO+$200 OBC promotion is affected. Please fill me in. Thanks.

You cannot use the Visa companion fare redemption with the BOGOHO promo.

You cannot use the Visa companion fare redemption with the BOGOHO promo.

Can visa points be redeemed for any of the other awards such as additional OBC? I know the OBC reward is a bad deal, but I'm curious how the promotion affects other visa reward options.

We had to change a cruise we booked due to scheduling issues. When I called to make the change, we had to choose between the balcony discount or the OBC. Sure, I would have preferred they be combined, but it was a no-brainer to take the $200 OBC from the promotion over the $100 balcony discount. And we had the onboard booking OBC for a total of $400. Pays for the gratuities and my Replenish package, so I'm a happy camper.

Can visa points be redeemed for any of the other awards such as additional OBC? I know the OBC reward is a bad deal, but I'm curious how the promotion affects other visa reward options.

As far as I know, you can still redeem Visa points for OBC with the current promotions. I expect Royal to declare that invalid any day.:rolleyes:

Sorry. I should have been a little more specific - While onboard the Quantum of the Seas I decided to book another cruise. I booked on the Independence of the Seas for September 20, 2015 (7 nights) in a junior suite for myself and my husband. The itinerary is Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Total cost - $2,358 (including a platinum discount of $125) with a $400 onboard credit. My friend booked the same cruise in a junior suite for $2,150 with a $200 onboard credit (diamond plus discount of $250).

The loyalty ambassador stated that Royal Caribbean was running a special 2 day sale in addition to the WOW sale. We booked it on Saturday, January 10. I was all set to take a balcony room but when I heard the price of the Junior Suite I decided that it was a better deal. The double points will put me well over Emerald and only 2 cruises away from Diamond.

Curious, did your friend book on board? I'm interested in how your friend got the C&A discount and the $200 OBC as part of the WOW sale.

As far as I know, you can still redeem Visa points for OBC with the current promotions. I expect Royal to declare that invalid any day.:rolleyes:

With the bogoho deal the companion fare on 7 nighter is almost worthless. Unless you want to trade in 75,000 points for a $300 fare. You have to look for senior or resident discounts. Then you can use them.

We were searching for a cruise in the Carribbean at the end of march. The trip would have cost about 4k as we have to fly from the west coast, factor in a hotel for the night before. We chose a land vacation in hawaii in a nice resort for 2.2k. I know we wont eat 1800 dollars worth of food. Time for change

Ah, geography.

People in the eastern half of the US have to take a long expensive flight to enjoy Hawaii while flights to Florida are much shorter and less expensive.

Quite different for those on the West coast.

Enjoy Hawaii; we always do (except for the long flight)

Why does royal caribbean keep advertising a wow sale when all they do is jack up the prices and then act like you are getting a 50% discount on the second person?? How dumb do they think people are???? We booked about 10 months ago on a 11 day cruise for feb on a inside cabin for about $ 2600 i ve been checking prices for a balcony and they want over $5200 and thats with a 50% discount on the second person time to book with another cruise line the only thing you get from royal caribbean is a royal screwing!!!

They have to jack up pricing pre-final so they can then cut them to less than half post-final:roll eyes: