Orlando to Port Everglades

steveandjen

Hello,

Hope all is well. DW and I will be travelling from Orlando on Sunday Jan 25 to board the Allure for a B2B. We cannot wait. We are from Vancouver Canada and will be staying in Orlando for 2 days prior to the cruise.

All that being said, we are renting a car in Orlando and returning the car to FLL and then cabbing it from FLL to the port on the Sunday morning. We have 2 questions:

1. What time should we leave Orlando to be at the ship by say 11am? (MCO>FLL>Port)

2. What is the best route to get from Orlando to FLL? I95 or the Turnpike?

We look forward to any assistance.

Thanks!

Steve and Jen

Its about a 3 1/2 hour ride. I would leave at 6am. Check with your rental company, they most likely provide a shuttle to the port.

There should be very little traffic on a Sunday morning, so either way will. be fine. From Orlando take I-4 south to the turnpike.Then you will have to take the turnpike down to Ft. Pierce. At Ft. Pierce you can switch over to I-95 and save some toll charges.

It may be too late now, but you might want to consider returning the car near the port if there is an office there. Will be considerably cheaper vs FLL but may not save you anything if you reserved at a lower rate than is available now. The airport charges more fees.

Thanks for the help and advice. Our rental car is $149 for 3 days so not too bad I think. We are using Alamo. Being from the west coast, 6am is not gonna be nice... But we will have been in FL for 2 full days so hopefully the jet lag will be gone by then. Fingers crossed anyways.

Hello,

Hope all is well. DW and I will be travelling from Orlando on Sunday Jan 25 to board the Allure for a B2B. We cannot wait. We are from Vancouver Canada and will be staying in Orlando for 2 days prior to the cruise.

All that being said, we are renting a car in Orlando and returning the car to FLL and then cabbing it from FLL to the port on the Sunday morning. We have 2 questions:

1. What time should we leave Orlando to be at the ship by say 11am? (MCO>FLL>Port)

2. What is the best route to get from Orlando to FLL? I95 or the Turnpike?

We look forward to any assistance.

Thanks!

Steve and Jen

I am a worrier so I would want to spend the night before my cruise IN Ft Lauderdale not Orlando. I worry about accidents or car problems that could prevent me from getting to my destination.....:o

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise......you will LOVE the Allure!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Orlando is a very large city, so it depends on where you are coming from. It will take 3 to 4.5 hours, depending on location and traffic, then allow time to return the car to FLL and get to the port. If you leave at 6:30 AM, you should arrive at the port by 11. Alamo and National have a free shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades. :)

Greetings

I would stick to the turnpike unless you are really money tight. The turnpike is a shorter distance/faster route. Exit the turnpike onto I-595 east and you will be right at the airport/seaport. If you really need the extra cash, wait and switch over at Exit 116 Indiantown Road. This will avoid the big western swing that I-95 takes through Martin County.

Good Sailing

Tom