How soon does Oceania ticket air after deviation accepted?

edgee

We received good news that Oceania Air accepted our deviation request with no additional airfare cost (other than the $350 deviation charge). We can go into the United Airline website and see the reservation and select our economy seats. However, since the reservation has not yet been ticketed, we cannot pay the airline to upgrade our seats to economy plus extra legroom seats. How soon after acceptance of the deviation does Oceania usually ticket the flight? The cruise is in May.

We received good news that Oceania Air accepted our deviation request with no additional airfare cost (other than the $350 deviation charge). We can go into the United Airline website and see the reservation and select our economy seats. However, since the reservation has not yet been ticketed, we cannot pay the airline to upgrade our seats to economy plus extra legroom seats. How soon after acceptance of the deviation does Oceania usually ticket the flight? The cruise is in May.

Just ask your TA to have O ticket your flights now

Just did mine this week

Usually you can ask after final payment is done to ticket your flights

We do the deviation close to 9 mths out

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Good Luck trying to upgrade from O's bulk rates! Is United the operator on the overseas leg or just doing a codeshare? If United is not operating the flight you may not get to do further seat selection until travel day. If United is not the operator on the flight, you may be startled at what an upgrade to PE will cost. If you want PE, you often best served to make it part of the deviation request with O.

This is from the horses mouth:

Guests who wish to have their airline tickets issued early must must have paid the Air Deviation Fee, their Booking must be paid in full and the Guest Registration Form must be completed.

Without Air Deviation, or in the absence of a request for early ticketing, we purchase tickets at about 30 days prior.

S&J is correct- of course "from the horses mouth."

Here's how it progresses. Pay your final payment. Call your TA or Oceania agent, have them contact Oceania Air dept. to pay the tickets right away- otherwise they will not pay until the 30 days out. You have to accept that if you need to cancel or change the flights, the tickets are your responsibility once they are paid.

Once tickets are purchased, you can request your upgrade. At least that is how it worked on the Delta program, have not used United with Oceania.

Good Luck trying to upgrade from O's bulk rates! Is United the operator on the overseas leg or just doing a codeshare? If United is not operating the flight you may not get to do further seat selection until travel day. If United is not the operator on the flight, you may be startled at what an upgrade to PE will cost. If you want PE, you often best served to make it part of the deviation request with O.

I am not planning to upgrade..not sure what gave you that impression, as United does not have premium economy...only planning to pay a compratively small fee to sit in the economy plus section which gets me a few more inches of legroom. Premium economy is available to ANY United economy passenger regardless of fair basis, but you must be ticketed to reserve a seat in that section. In fact, as a United Premier passenger, I can sit in economy plus at no additional cost if I wait until check in, but I prefer to pay the fee and reserve the better seats in advance of check in.

Ask your TA for the e ticket for your flights. We have had seats booked since December for our flight home in March but cannot get our seats on Cathay Pacific until 48 hours before. The fact that I don't like window seats I am hoping will help. We are also hoping that for this flight we don't get two babies teething like we did on our flight home last February. It was a mighty long flight home from Hong Kong as the two babies screamed the entire way and the parents would not give them any Tylenol or anything to sooth their gums.:eek:

Edgee

Did you read my comments? I am also a Premier United flyer. I have done this with O air before on deviation. I reserved the flights on the United system that I wanted. After payment O booked the flights. However, when O actually booked the flights, they booked the US portion on United and the international leg on Scandanavian who was the operator of the Flight (United only had a codeshare). Oops! I could easily change any seats I wanted on my United Legs, but SA had different rules (even though they are an Alliance member). They would only talk to O, and the upcharge to do anything from the O bulk rate seat price was extremely high. SA only allowed passenger seat changes to be made the day of the flight.

Unless your specific travel deviation called for the exclusive use of United operated flights, do not assume that O will necessarily book the entire air package through United. Is United the operator of your international leg or do they only have a codeshare with the operator. It matters a lot after the ticket is booked.

Edgee

Did you read my comments? I am also a Premier United flyer. I have done this with O air before on deviation. I reserved the flights on the United system that I wanted. After payment O booked the flights. However, when O actually booked the flights, they booked the US portion on United and the international leg on Scandanavian who was the operator of the Flight (United only had a codeshare). Oops! I could easily change any seats I wanted on my United Legs, but SA had different rules (even though they are an Alliance member). They would only talk to O, and the upcharge to do anything from the O bulk rate seat price was extremely high. SA only allowed passenger seat changes to be made the day of the flight.

Unless your specific travel deviation called for the exclusive use of United operated flights, do not assume that O will necessarily book the entire air package through United. Is United the operator of your international leg or do they only have a codeshare with the operator. It matters a lot after the ticket is booked.

I am booked on a one segment united operated flight from LHR to IAD.

Edgee

Pinotlover $ Edgee,

I have exactly the same situation with AA and British Airways. I can reserve the seat I want on AA and even get a business class miles upgrade, but British Airways their codeshare partner will not let me reserve (and pay for) a premium economy seat until the day of flight (if they have a seat left). It is pretty frustrating.....

Pinotlover $ Edgee,

I have exactly the same situation with AA and British Airways. I can reserve the seat I want on AA and even get a business class miles upgrade, but British Airways their codeshare partner will not let me reserve (and pay for) a premium economy seat until the day of flight (if they have a seat left). It is pretty frustrating.....

Just curious what would be the average cost for an upgrade to PE on BA flights across the pond from LHR ???

Lyn;

Just went through that drill not long ago. The answer was around $400, but that is on top of a standard economy class ticket, not the bulk rate ticket.

Thanks

Looking at BA site the basic Econ was 1256 GBP & PE 1735 GBP for our route & dates LHR to YYZ

we are doing a one way so more $ than a RT fare I guess

Cost for us to upgrade to BA or Virgin premium economy would have been $600 pp additional fare for the one way trip in addition to the $175 pp deviation charge.We instead chose the option of only paying the deviation fee...no additional fare.. in United economy, with the plan to purchase seats with extra legroom.