Kathie Lee Gifford Announces Wine Partnership with Carnival Cruise Line

LauraS

Exciting! Do we know when the wines will be available on board? Are they already?

Cruise lover since 1995!

My daughter and I saw them on the wine list on the glory 12/27 cruise. We just kind of looked at each other- we had no idea there were Kathie Lee Gifford wines.

I have never considered Kathie Lee's endorsement of a wine to mean anything but the fact that her taste buds liked it and she got money from it!

It certainly doesn't mean that I'll like any of it and I don't find it exciting at all!!

Now if a famous chef or vineyard endorsed the wine , that would be different but Kathie Lee?????:rolleyes:

I have never considered Kathie Lee's endorsement of a wine to mean anything but the fact that her taste buds liked it and she got money from it!

It certainly doesn't mean that I'll like any of it and I don't find it exciting at all!!

Now if a famous chef or vineyard endorsed the wine , that would be different but Kathie Lee?????:rolleyes:

I agree and I sincerely hope the people pressing the grapes to make Kathie's wines aren't like the child labor used to produce her line of clothing in the 90s.

I agree and I sincerely hope the people pressing the grapes to make Kathie's wines aren't like the child labor used to produce her line of clothing in the 90s.

Hey what do you have against people changing careers when they reach puberty *LOL*

Thanks everyone for your opinions. A special thanks to the person who said they saw it on board on a wine list. I'll be sure to give my opinion on the wine once I taste it. Gotta love a taste of wine...the only way to truly know if it's any good on your own taste buds. Happy sailing.

Cruise lover since 1995!

• 5 weeks later...

I tried both the red and white in the MDR. Both were medium bodied wines (not too light or too strong). Not overly sweet. This is the type of wines I like. They are versatile. They both went well with the cheese plate and the entrees I had. The prices were $7.50 per glass or $29.00 per bottle. Both wines are featured on the wine card that is displayed on the MDR table. I did see others ordering the wine by the bottle. I recommend them. Give it a try.:cool:

While on the Paradise a few weeks ago, we were able to order KLG's wine by the glass in the MDR. I don't drink white, so I tried the red. All I can say is "meh." I wasn't impressed. My impression was that it was a bit more sweet than I'd prefer. I don't drink a red wine and expect a sweet taste. But, to address a pp, no, you don't have to commit to a bottle. You can buy by the glass.

Cruise lover since 1995!