Ice Machines

Max49

2-15-15 will be our first cruise ever, Do they have ice machines on the cabin decks like hotels do?

Thanks, Max

No, ice machines are behind the scenes, call room service.

Stewart provides ice during his room service.

Or you could run to a bar with the ice bucket.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

2-15-15 will be our first cruise ever, Do they have ice machines on the cabin decks like hotels do?

Thanks, Max

Better. Your ice machine will be the phone. Just call room steward and he or she will refill.

Sent from my D2-927G using Forums mobile app

Every cabin has a fridge where you can keep things cool. There will be an ice bucket in it every day, and the room steward will refill it during the morning and evening room cleanings.

We've found that sometimes they only refil once per day in the morning - especially if it appears we rarely use it - but by late evening when we want it its melted. If you know for sure you want fresh ice twice a day, leave the bucket on the counter after you've used some ( out of the fridge) and when you leave the cabin and it will help remind your cabin steward to check it.

And it is a small ice bucket with a lid - it seems to be slightly insulated as well to help keep the ice frozen.

If you wish to keep extra items cold, folks here on cc recommend the following:

--ask your steward to empty the"for purchase" drinks out of your fridge and you can use the whole space - its a half deep cooler unit - small and not always very cold.

--bring a small cooler bag ( six or twelve can size) and ask your steward for extra ice to dump into the bag

Enjoy your first cruise!!

If you wish to keep extra items cold, folks here on cc recommend the following:

--ask your steward to empty the"for purchase" drinks out of your fridge and you can use the whole space - its a half deep cooler unit - small and not always very cold.

--bring a small cooler bag ( six or twelve can size) and ask your steward for extra ice to dump into the bag

Enjoy your first cruise!!

Minor point but while your steward is responsible for keeping you supplied with ice, the soda cans and one large bottle of water in the mini fridge are room service's responsibility. Just take the items out of the mini fridge and place on a shelf until the end of your cruise, or call room service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Better. Your ice machine will be the phone. Just call room steward and he or she will refill.

If you need ice while your cabin steward is on duty, simply ask. At other times, don't call your steward while he's off duty just for ice...call room service.

For filling a large cooler, we've found Horizon Court to be a good source.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

If you need ice while your cabin steward is on duty, simply ask. At other times, don't call your steward while he's off duty just for ice...call room service.

On my last cruise, the steward would only begrudgingly bring ice.

He would ask "you don't need any ice, do you?"

I came really, really close to canceling the auto-tips for this guy.

Once I located the mid-ship pantry, I resolved the situation.

When I ask for extra pillows, and sheets and blanket instead of the duvet, I ask for ice twice a day. That's all my requests the first day, and I write them down so he can remember.

Never have had a problem with any of them, and never had a steward that didn't appear to be happy in his job.

Good Deal, I'll just ask him or her to bring ice twice a day:D. It does seem like ice machines on each deck would allow the room stewards more time to do things that a machine could'nt easily do though.

Good Deal, I'll just ask him or her to bring ice twice a day:D. It does seem like ice machines on each deck would allow the room stewards more time to do things that a machine could'nt easily do though.

In all our Princess cruises I have never had to ask for ice service twice a day. The stewards have always replenished the ice bucket with the morning make up and also with the evening turn down.

I have ordered extra ice (and limes) during the day from Room Service and it has always been delivered promptly and with a smile.

Mike:)

In all our Princess cruises I have never had to ask for ice service twice a day. The stewards have always replenished the ice bucket with the morning make up and also with the evening turn down.

I have ordered extra ice (and limes) during the day from Room Service and it has always been delivered promptly and with a smile.

Mike:)

Perzactly. :D

No, ice machines are behind the scenes, call room service.

Stewart provides ice during his room service.

Or you could run to a bar with the ice bucket.

I had Stewart as my cabin attendant on one of my cruises. He is great. :-)

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

I had Stewart as my cabin attendant on one of my cruises. He is great. :-)

I had him too. he showed me where the ice was so I didn't have to bother him.

love Steward :D

Thats great however I would hate to think a bunch of passengers were manhandling the ice before it came to my cabin. yuk. :eek:

I keep meds in the fridge so all the drinks come out, leaving room for DH's bottle of wine, the bucket of ice, and my meds. On my first day, my wish list also includes a second bucket with ice - one that champagne comes in to be filled daily. No problem. I have never had an issue either.

When we first board the ship, we remove all the drinks from the small refrigerator and put our wine in it. The drinks go up on the shelf behind the TV so they are out of the way. We have had to call room service for more ice only a couple of times but they do bring it without any problem. We leave the empty ice bucket on top of the cabinet where the glasses are located and the room attendant refills it. We also go get ice in the HC particularly in our sport bottles along with water. As noted the bars will fill your ice bucket as well.

Yes we get great service out of Stewart. He must really get around these days with so many on here having met him. :rolleyes:

Thats great however I would hate to think a bunch of passengers were manhandling the ice before it came to my cabin. yuk. :eek:

I used the scoop, just like the steward would.

The biggest difference is that I didn't just finish cleaning

the toilets in 16 cabins in my section.

As with others we empty the fridge of anything we don't use and then have it for our use. That said, I like ice cold drinks and the fridge doesn't always keep them cold enough, so when we first get to the room I order a champagne bucket full of ice from room service. I then ask the room steward to leave the champagne bucket in the room for the remainder of the cruise and to refill it with ice morning and night (remember to keep the room service tray underneath it to catch the condensation). As the ice melts in the champagne bucket during the day I refill it with the ice from the room's insulated ice bucket. This gives a perfect way to keep your drinks frosty anytime during the day.

A couple of other points:

Any bar on the Lido deck will fill a beer bucket with ice to keep your drinks cold up top - no need to bring a cooler.

As others have already mentioned - any time you want ice you can get it yourself from the ice machines in the Horizon Court - ask for ice from any bar - ask the room steward when they are on duty - or call room service.