Shower Curtain "Fix"

monicakm

I've done so much reading on this website since Christmas. I've been taking notes but apparently forgot this one. I don't recall if it was this forum or the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum that talked about how the shower curtains tend to "grab" your legs and offered a fix for it. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Never had a problem but what I do is wet the sides of the shower enclosure and stick the edges of the shower curtain. It really works. Some people bring clothes pins to weigh down the curtain but that's unnecessary and they take up room and weight in your suitcase.

Edited by Pam in CA

I do about the same thing as what Pam does, and it works really well!!

Actually, I pull the lower side edges of the shower curtain under the spray to wet them really well, and then "stick" them to the shower wall.

Keeps the cool breezes out of the shower as well as anchoring the shower curtain somewhere other than my legs!

Is this really a big problem? I have never experienced curtain crawl when sailing in a regular balcony cabin.

After entering the shower, I pull the curtain tight from side-to-side on the rod and make sure there is a tight seal all the way around with no folds. If you make sure there is a good seal, the curtain won't bother you.

Lew

YES! The curtain does tend to stick at times. The big binder clips work great. Just put two on the bottom and forget about shower curtain stick!

Pooh

I also use huge binder clips. But my purpose was to keep the shower curtain in the stall so that the water doesn't leak out on to the bathroom floor.

They do work for both reasons.

I keep 4 clothespins in my suitcase. Handy for hotels, too. They take up negligible room, and weigh almost nothing. They really work for shower curtain cling. I like RCI's shower doors, but DH complains about banging his elbows when he showers.