Disembarking from The Oasis of The Seas

Can someone give me current times for self disembarking from the Oasis? Yes, airlines changed our flight. Need to know is a 9:48am fll flight is doable. I have done searches, but only come up with 2010 - 2012 information. Many thanks for your help.......I love cruise critic!:). Sailing January 24th

When we did this on Indy Dec 2013 it was our first time. We did the self check out and we were off the ship around 6:45...took about 10 minutes from cabin thru customs to taxi area. We took 2 taxis for 6 of us. $14 plus tip. We got to the airport in a short 10 minutes I think. Biggest problem no matter what ship would be customs if not enough agents. And taking the taxi was quick!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last time I sailed Oasis (October 2014) and did self debark, it took nearly two hours to get through customs and out to the curb. Nearly 8:30 AM before we got in the shuttle to our car.

Was this the Western TA return? If so, absolutely not indicative of normal Oasis operations. No comparison to normal Oasis sailings. We were on the Westbound TA and were off the ship and through immigration/customs in 40 minutes. And Non-US passport.

On normal Oasis sailings, self disembark is usually off in no time at all, if you go right when it opens, you can be off the ship before 7. However, if there are any delays for any reason, there could be a problem so be sure there are later flight options just in case. But under normal circumstances, Oasis is a breeze to disembark, even with a non-US passport, even faster for US citizens.

Can someone give me current times for self disembarking from the Oasis? Yes, airlines changed our flight. Need to know is a 9:48am fll flight is doable. I have done searches, but only come up with 2010 - 2012 information. Many thanks for your help.......I love cruise critic!:). Sailing January 24th

Disembarkation times are variable depending on customs agents, TSA agents and if there are any delays in the ship returning. We were on the Oasis last week and there were no major snags. We left our cabin at 6:45 and we were sitting at the gate at 7:45 and that's with a 15 min delay at customs and using the priority check in line through security. I was standing there looking at the 9:48 flight thinking I could have made that flight instead of an 11:30 flight. But this was with everything going as well as expected. I have seen it when there are only 2 customs agents at the port where it took an hour to even get to the taxi. I have seen an hour delay to get through security at the airport. Sure I probably still could have made the flight with either of these conditions but it would have been much more stressful. But then there is the variable with the ship. I can't even imagine the delay if the guy decided to jump from the ship as we approached Fort Lauderdale and we needed to search for him. Or perhaps we may have stopped for Cubans in a raft on the last day and delayed the arrival. Or what if, the poor child had the accident in the pool on the last day and everyone was held on the ship until the interviews were complete. For me, 9:48 is still a little early. 11:00 is my earliest departure where I don't worry.

reedprincess, this was the first cruise post TA, a 5 night. It was a disastrous disembarkation (embarkation was, too) and I was shocked at time it took to get off the ship, through customs and to our shuttle. Total chaos. I've done self debark many, many times and on many cruise lines, and, IMHO, everyone else does this better than RCI.

Easy Peasy. Just off the Oasis on the 10th. Get up and get in line early. Taxis are waiting and drive is short. Check-in at the airport was also quick.

Have fun!

When you say to get in line early, how early is that? We need to make a quick exit no matter how early we need to be in line.

We got off the Oasis January 3. We left our room at 6:45 but I had a quick stop at guest services. Left the ship at 6:55, sitting at our gate around 8:10.

As long as nothing weird happens you should be fine, but I would definitely get off before 7 or at least 30 minutes before non self-disembarkers start crowding the lines. Oasis and Allure do an awesome job with on and off.

Keep in mind if you don't have a "free hand" you will need to use the elevator instead of the escalator on the last set of stairs before you get to customs. That can be a bit of delay early, quite a long delay later. This means you need one free hand to grab the escalator handrail so only one roll along carryon unless you can stack them

I think 6:30 was the earliest published time for self disembarking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

Easy Peasy. Just off the Oasis on the 10th. Get up and get in line early. Taxis are waiting and drive is short. Check-in at the airport was also quick.

Have fun!

Is there a queue for taxis or a free for all in terms of getting one? We have an 11:30 flight so I assume even if there were some small delays, it will not be an issue.

RCL shuttle or taxi, which would you use to get to the airport? Are there always enough taxis available around the Oasis?

This is a no-brainer: take the taxi. They will be plentiful, and it will always be quicker and cheaper than the shuttle.

Is there a queue for taxis or a free for all in terms of getting one? We have an 11:30 flight so I assume even if there were some small delays, it will not be an issue.

There can be delays for later departures (5 to 10 min), but for the early passengers, you will be directed to a taxi at the front of the lines, and get in and go. From departing the cruise terminal to entry in the airport terminal will be 10 to 15 minutes.

When you say to get in line early, how early is that? We need to make a quick exit no matter how early we need to be in line.

The lineup will start well before 6a, and self debarkation will usually begin between 6:15 an 6:45. Even if you are late to the line, you won't be more than 10 minutes behind the first person to leave.

In one of my trips, I was posting back to CC at my gate with my airport coffee at 7a.

We had 4 people once and had to wait 5-10 minutes for a minivan taxi. Others were getting taxis basically as fast as they could load up. The queue was very short.