FTTF dilmma

doglvr616

FTTF just became available again. My dilemma is the only reason we would get it is for our one tender port - Grand Caymen with an early excursion (not thru ship). If we go early to the tender ticket # assignment area, do you think we will be in pretty good shape for getting off fairly early without FTTF? We are driving to port and will not be there until after 1 so don't care about that benefit and don't care when we disembark.

I loved my FTTF. We had early tenders in Cabo, no waiting in line (MIN. l/2hr early if you want off early) for a tender ticket. Our room was ready when we boarded, embark was delayed so EVERYONE was ready to board, we were in the front of the EXTREMLY LARGE group. And on debark we received #1 baggage tags, so we had our choice to get off early (which we did), or stay awhile. Also I had a quick question for quest services, the line was 10 people deep, but I got to walk right us to the FTTF line, ask my question next, and was on my way. So FTTF is most definitely worth it to me. :D

Decided to grab the FTTF! For all the reasons mentioned. Even though we are not getting to port early, we will still be able to get on quicker and the room will be ready to drop bags. Most of all the early tender! Cruising Breeze in 27 days:D

I loved my FTTF. We had early tenders in Cabo, no waiting in line (MIN. l/2hr early if you want off early) for a tender ticket. Our room was ready when we boarded, embark was delayed so EVERYONE was ready to board, we were in the front of the EXTREMLY LARGE group. And on debark we received #1 baggage tags, so we had our choice to get off early (which we did), or stay awhile. Also I had a quick question for quest services, the line was 10 people deep, but I got to walk right us to the FTTF line, ask my question next, and was on my way. So FTTF is most definitely worth it to me. :D

Totally agree! Worth every penny!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Which begs the question...what gives with how they determine when to sell FTTF and how many?

I just purchased FTTF earlier today for our upcoming Fascination cruise on Feb 23. I have checked 2 or 3 times a day to book it since I paid for this cruise way back in October and it always said "sold out" then all of a sudden I check today and not only is it available, but it said 20 were available for purchase. I jumped on it and got it, but I'm perplexed at how it was sold out yesterday and all of a sudden today there were 20 FTTF slots available? ???

Anyone have any insight? Bueler??

Edited by stobe1

Which begs the question...what gives with how they determine when to sell FTTF and how many?

I just purchased FTTF earlier today for our upcoming Fascination cruise on Feb 23. I have checked 2 or 3 times a day to book it since I paid for this cruise way back in October and it always said "sold out" then all of a sudden I check today and not only is it available, but it said 20 were available for purchase. I jumped on it and got it, but I'm perplexed at how yesterday it was sold out yesterday and all of a sudden today there were 20 FTTF slots available? ???

Anyone have any insight? Bueler??

It may not have been available right away. From what I've heard it depends on how full the ship is and how many diamond and platinum members there are (since they receive priority over everyone) So it's possible there will only be 20slots period. Or if there aren't many more diamond/platinum they may open up even more.

^ I agree. It doesn't take long to get off

Wait about 15 minutes after the first tender leaves then go to the lounge.

Well totally not so. On the Carnival Miracle anyways. We were at Cabo from Noon till 6pm and after all the Shore Excursions folks, fttf and whoever else got off first, folks werent getting on the tenders till after 2pm. We had already finished lunch at the marina then.

It may not have been available right away. From what I've heard it depends on how full the ship is and how many diamond and platinum members there are (since they receive priority over everyone) So it's possible there will only be 20slots period. Or if there aren't many more diamond/platinum they may open up even more.

Ahhh. Yes. There's that. Thanks!

Well totally not so. On the Carnival Miracle anyways. We were at Cabo from Noon till 6pm and after all the Shore Excursions folks, fttf and whoever else got off first, folks werent getting on the tenders till after 2pm.

This is for Grand Cayman. The tenders are plentiful and quick there. I always get FTTF, but Grand Cayman is a port that doesn't need it. In fact, this last cruise we used it and they took us directly to an empty tender and we sat and watched them fill up a different one and leave before they began to fill ours. It didn't bother us, but FTTF actually went slower than just waiting in the line.

This is for Grand Cayman. The tenders are plentiful and quick there. I always get FTTF, but Grand Cayman is a port that doesn't need it. In fact, this last cruise we used it and they took us directly to an empty tender and we sat and watched them fill up a different one and leave before they began to fill ours. It didn't bother us, but FTTF actually went slower than just waiting in the line.

Thanks for this info! We don’t have FTTF for our Feb cruise (it was already sold out when we booked), but I check every time I think of it to see if any have become available. There are 2 reasons I want it. One is that we’re traveling with my parents, who are Platinum, (separate rooms, separate bookings), so by having FTTF it decreases the amount of time they have to wait around for us at embark, disembark, but the other reason is that we were looking into doing an independent excursion in Grand Cayman, so I thought it would be helpful to have it for the tendering.

I think I will keep checking to see if it comes open, and get it if I can (due to reason #1), but it’s good to know that if we end up unable to get FTTF, it won’t really be a “make or break” for our Grand Cayman plans. And for our other tender port, Belize, we may not even get off the ship, so tenders aren’t an issue there.

Edited by CatgirlNC

Well totally not so. On the Carnival Miracle anyways. We were at Cabo from Noon till 6pm and after all the Shore Excursions folks, fttf and whoever else got off first, folks werent getting on the tenders till after 2pm. We had already finished lunch at the marina then.

I agree with you. Don't think that you will get off quickly with FTTF. We had it on the Pride this past Christmas cruise. Yes we had priority with the platinum and diamond. The early excursions were also priority. However, all those who were given numbers were waiting at the stairs before being called which made it terribly hard for us to get to the tendered floor. We are off before most but it took a long time. Now this might be a ship problem, not fleet wide. Tendering for us was insane!