Questions about Oasis....

My husband and I will be sailing on the Oasis in May and I have a few questions.

1. When can you begin making reservations for entertainment and dining on the cruise planner? Last time I checked there were no options loaded.

2. When looking at pictures, it looks like the adults only area is covered by some kind of glass enclosure. Is there a place up there that you can sun tan or does the glass not affect that?

3. When they postponed DD they assigned us to MTD. I usually like to go to dinner around 6:30-7:00. Will we have a long wait for a table for 2? Can you make reservations for the MTD?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I actually just made a post myself on dining as we have My Time Dining and still can't book for a March 14th cruise and usually you can. I did just book our entertainment.

I do know once open for My Time Dining you can reserve what time you want.

The glass does not block the sun in the Solarium(adults only)

This will be our 2nd cruise on the Oasis and you will just love it

We waited for MTD when we had reservations and when we didn't. It is a complete mess on the Oasis. I would get a traditional seating time. We had MTD on Freedom on our last cruise and only waited ten minutes at most. Two nights on the Oasis we waited for an hour.

We have always had My Time Dining and have never had to wait but it has always been just my husband and myself

This time I need seating for 17 of us(2 tables side by side)

I did just call and they said My Time Dining isn't quite open yet but for me to try back Wednesday

Edited by Gigi11111

We just came back from New Years cruise in oasis. We were a party of ten. Spoke to reservationist at start of cruise. Set up every night in advance, never had a problem and that's probably the busiest week on any cruise ship!

From my two times on Oasis and one time on Allure Answers.

1. Anywhere from 87-90 days

2. The glass did not block the sun

3. Always had early 6pm dining. So not sure about MTD

Edited by trev71

...1. When can you begin making reservations for entertainment and dining on the cruise planner? Last time I checked there were no options loaded....

There is no set time for entertainment reservations to open. Just keep checking on the website.

Try to make your dining reservations on line as soon as you can. MTD doesn't mean you can just show up for dinner anytime. If there is no room, then you have to wait for an opening. I find that from 6:30 to 7:30 is the most popular time to go first. Others have said that they never make reservations and walk right up and get seated, but I have never had this happened to me. There were several times while on the ship I tried to change ours to a later seating and couldn't be accommodated. On the Oasis all shows you can book online before you leave. If you wait to get on board, you won't get tickets and will have to stand in line hoping some people won't show up.

We had MTD, party of 6. We went to dinner when we were ready and never made a reservation. Our longest wait was less then 5 minutes. Most times we went to dinner at 6:30 and we were done before 8.

When was your cruise? I will be going first time on oasis with husband and a bit worried about the wait for MTD. We are hoping to reserve around 7 :30 for din.

Baloney...the glass DOES affect tanning! It doesn't block the light, but it DOES block your tanning rays!

I have never been on Oasis (yet) but the other RCI ships I've said (albeit a long time ago now) the Solarium had the glass, but also had areas where you got direct sunlight (ie., not through glass). I wish they would consider that some people who want the adult only area also still like to catch some rays, too. :-(

About MTD reservations: once you have made resevations, for each night, do people send cancellations if they choose other dining ad hoc? Say I decide just to eat room service one night,, altough I have MTD reservation, should I cancel or just let it be? And just how would I do the cancelling? By phone?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

About MTD reservations: once you have made resevations, for each night, do people send cancellations if they choose other dining ad hoc? Say I decide just to eat room service one night,, altough I have MTD reservation, should I cancel or just let it be? And just how would I do the cancelling? By phone?

I would call the MTD desk and cancel. It might allow others to be seated sooner.

Thank you to all who answered!

Since posting I have been able to make reservations for the shows as well as some of the specialty restaurants. I tried to change to traditional dining at 6pm but it's not available so I am just going to stick with the MTD. Can reservations for MTD be made ahead of time using the cruise planner? Or does that have to be done once on board and does it have to be done on the date that you want the reservation?

Thanks again in advance for your help!