Westerdam Lido hours

hjrell

I'm not finding this on the search attempts - but does anyone know the dining hours of the Lido dining on the Westerdam?

I saw bits and pieces of things like - don't plan on a late breakfast at 10:30 because they are not open at that time.

Just wondering what the exact hours are so we can plan around our excursions.

Thanks!

We were last on the Westy in the fall of '12 on her 30 day cruise, but the times then were 7-10 breakfast, lunch was 11-2, and then dinner was 6-8.30. There was also a whats left of the food of the day about 10 pm too.

IIRC of course, I might be off a half hour one way or the other.

We have been on the Westerdam quite a few times.

Continental breakfast usually starts around 6 or 6:30 AM -- depends on time ship arrives in port. The main breakfast buffet will begin around 7 or 7:30 -- again depends on port schedule and will close around 10:30.

Lunch is from 11:30 until 2. But the sandwich section and pizza and pasta and ice cream will stay open until around 4.

Dinner buffet has been from 5:30 - 8.

Late night snack is usually 10:30 - 11:30.

I'm not finding this on the search attempts - but does anyone know the dining hours of the Lido dining on the Westerdam?

I saw bits and pieces of things like - don't plan on a late breakfast at 10:30 because they are not open at that time.

Just wondering what the exact hours are so we can plan around our excursions.

Thanks!

Here is an On Location from July 2014 with the times:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Westerdam-2014-Alaska-Glacier-Bay-OL.pdf

Breakfast: 7:00 - 10:30 AM

Lunch: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Dinner: 5:30 - 8.00 PM

Late Snack: 10:30 - 11:30 PM

On early port days, it may open at 6:00 AM.

Edited by Crew News

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I know there is food available most, if not all, of the time but I have problems with my blood sugar dropping too low if I don't eat on a regular schedule so it's important for me to plan meals around our excursions and plans. I carry a granola bar with me everywhere I go but prefer not to let it get to that point!

So nice to be able to get answers quickly from the great people on these boards. It is much appreciated it.

To add to Lizzie respones. The 'Dive In' is open from 11:30 to 6:30 and makes wonderful french fries. Also you have the Taco Bar that is open most of the day.

Oh and also you can get room service 24 - 7.

Edited by PathfinderEss

Thank you!

I know we won't starve ;), it's just more of a matter of timing for me!

We always make sure to eat something before we leave the ship for excursions or exploring so the dining hours are important.

I appreciate the replies!

Just a heads up they very often break down dinner at 7:30 and not the printed 8 p.m. time. They'll have desserts out maybe until 8 p.m., but for entrees and sides you can in our experience more-often-than-not forget it.

Thank you sppunk! That's good info to know!

Just a note about lighter bites, should you need them between meals. The Explorations Cafe will have complimentary cold mini sandwiches and energy bars, sugar-free brownies, fresh granola bars, etc throughout most of the day. The Lounges will have complimentary hot hors d'oeuvres upon request in the evening. Even the appetizer portion of the Little Something, featuring a Pinnacle appetizer, is free upon request (not the drink) and you can get it to go. The Indonesian, English and Dutch Afternoon Teas will also have smaller-sized food offerings. Those attending cooking demonstrations will receive a small sample of one of the dishes cooked. Be sure to check the Daily On Location Guide for all the options, sometimes there's a BBQ or special local fare offered by the Lido Pool (either at lunch or dinner). Often there's special Sail Away fare offered at the Aft, too.

Have a happy sailing!

Edited by syesmar

Just a note about lighter bites, should you need them between meals. The Explorations Cafe will have complimentary cold mini sandwiches and energy bars, sugar-free brownies, fresh granola bars, etc throughout most of the day. The Lounges will have complimentary hot hors d'oeuvres upon request in the evening. Even the appetizer portion of the Little Something, featuring a Pinnacle appetizer, is free upon request (not the drink) and you can get it to go. The Indonesian, English and Dutch Afternoon Teas will also have smaller-sized food offerings. Those attending cooking demonstrations will receive a small sample of one of the dishes cooked. Be sure to check the Daily On Location Guide for all the options, sometimes there's a BBQ or special local fare offered by the Lido Pool (either at lunch or dinner). Often there's special Sail Away fare offered at the Aft, too.

Have a happy sailing!

Thank you! Sounds like I won't have any problem finding something throughout the day.

I would never have thought about the Exploration Cafe for food! If I read correctly, isn't this where the computers are located or am I wrong about that?

I would never have thought about the Exploration Cafe for food! If I read correctly, isn't this where the computers are located or am I wrong about that?

It's the combination library, computer center, family room.

You can also get some food to bring back to the cabin for if/when it's needed.

Personally, I always have a stash of popcorn from the movie theatre for popcorn emergencies. ;)

Lizzie68,

Been sailing HAL annually since '07 & have never had any problem getting the snacks. Pretty sure it's even stated in the Know Before You Go info that food in there is complimentary. Hope that helps!

Thanks. I've seen opposing opinions on here, and when I cruised I always bought my morning java fix and got a square or muffin to go with it.