Parking Recommendations at Port Canaveral?

pgerbphoto

We are sailing in October, and driving to Port Canaveral. We are not staying in a hotel near Port Canaveral (we are staying in Savannah, GA, and then driving the rest of the way in the morning). Could I please get some options/recommendations for parking/where to park that morning, and how much it costs? We will also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old with us. Thanks!

We are sailing in October, and driving to Port Canaveral. We are not staying in a hotel near Port Canaveral (we are staying in Savannah, GA, and then driving the rest of the way in the morning). Could I please get some options/recommendations for parking/where to park that morning, and how much it costs? We will also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old with us. Thanks!

Parking at the port is 15.00 a day and they charge by the day instead of night now so it would be 120.00 for a 7 night cruise.

There are cheaper off site parking places that for around 9.00 a day. Here is a link to one below. Others can recommend other places as well. You may find it worth it just to pay the 15.00 a day at the port so you can disembark and go straight to your car. No waiting on a shuttle.

http://www.parkcruise.com/

Edited by ryano

Parking at the port is 15.00 a day and they charge by the day instead of night now so it would be 120.00 for a 7 night cruise.

There are cheaper off site parking places that for around 9.00 a day. Here is a link to one below. Others can recommend other places as well. You may find it worth it just to pay the 15.00 a day at the port so you can disembark and go straight to your car. No waiting on a shuttle.

http://www.parkcruise.com/

Thanks! We definitely want to find the cheapest option, even if it means waiting for a shuttle!

For our last (and first) cruise we used the following offsite parking. Shuttles were plentiful and pretty good. Waited a couple of cycles to head to the ship, but left right away from the ship on the first shuttle (probably got lucky). I really liked that you kept your keys and picked your own parking spot. I didn't want them moving my car around. Gated and looked pretty secure.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

This time, we are just parking at the port. This next one being our honeymoon cruise, we wanted no headaches at all going on and off the ship.

For our last (and first) cruise we used the following offsite parking. Shuttles were plentiful and pretty good. Waited a couple of cycles to head to the ship, but left right away from the ship on the first shuttle (probably got lucky). I really liked that you kept your keys and picked your own parking spot. I didn't want them moving my car around. Gated and looked pretty secure.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

This time, we are just parking at the port. This next one being our honeymoon cruise, we wanted no headaches at all going on and off the ship.

Thanks!!!

Another vote for parkncruise, just used them 2 weeks ago for the third time. Just know that they do park your car when you arrive; cars are parked based on your ship to make it easier when you return (return van delivers entire load to same spot and it will be near your car).

Arrive about 1030-1045 so you are the first in line. They don't start shuttles to the ship until 11.

When you debark (self assist recommended if you want to beat the rush) they will actually have someone outside the terminal holding a sign, a nice touch. To save the same loading spot the vans usually don't leave until the next one shows up, but it's a pretty steady stream since they need to load the luggage which can take 10 minutes if the van is full.

Thanks! We definitely want to find the cheapest option, even if it means waiting for a shuttle!
Edited by JasonV1

Another vote for parkncruise, just used them 2 weeks ago for the third time. Just know that they do park your car when you arrive; cars are parked based on your ship to make it easier when you return (return van delivers entire load to same spot and it will be near your car).

Arrive about 1030-1045 so you are the first in line. They don't start shuttles to the ship until 11.

When you debark (self assist recommended if you want to beat the rush) they will actually have someone outside the terminal holding a sign, a nice touch. To save the same loading spot the vans usually don't leave until the next one shows up, but it's a pretty steady stream since they need to load the luggage which can take 10 minutes if the van is full.

Thank you!!!

Question. How much quicker would it be to park at the port.

We want to make a quick getaway out of the port. But I'm not sure it's worth nearly $50 to save a half hour. Or even an hour. Now two hours, sure. But not 30 minutes. :)

Has anyone heard about Premier Parking? My TA recommended them, but their website says they are "working on facilities for Port Canaveral." Did they used to operate a lot and closed down at some point? Or maybe their website is seriously out of date? We're considering either parking a rental car at one of the on site port lots or an offsite private lot, but not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

wrt Premier Parking

they were in Canaveral for a time and failed

and: http://elliott.org/should-i-take-the-case/parked-car-took-joyride/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elliottorg+%28Elliott%29

It should be noted that there are several different parking companies around with Premier in the name ... some do not operate any facilities, but sublease space from others . . .

for OP with a 1 and a 3 in tow .... if it were me I'd not want to deal with a shuttle with luggage and kiddies

BUT you can drive to the terminal, unload the gang and bags, and then dad goes and parks at the off site (for 1/2 the port's cost ... there are several less than 10 minutes outside the port)

On return ... dad boogies off the ship alone while mom and kiddies leave more leisurely ... and dad calls when he's outside with the car .....

it works .... takes a little coordination of paperwork to get in the terminal and maybe pop should actually get all the bags so mom doesn't have to juggle that with the youngin's

Edited by Capt_BJ

Has anyone heard about Premier Parking? My TA recommended them, but their website says they are "working on facilities for Port Canaveral." Did they used to operate a lot and closed down at some point? Or maybe their website is seriously out of date? We're considering either parking a rental car at one of the on site port lots or an offsite private lot, but not sure yet.

Following up on Capt BJ's post...

If you are renting a car in Florida, there are no one way fees applied. So if coming for MCO, for example (applies for any airport-Sanford/Melbourne/Tampa). Rent your car for 1 day from one of the majors that have an agency in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. On the morning of your cruise. drive the whole kit and kabootle to the agency. Turn in the car. They'll shuttle you to the port. On return, they'll pick you up and bring you back to the agency where you have reserved another car for the day to drive back to MCO (or your airport). Save a week's car rental and a week's parking. And yeah, it'll cost ya an extra half hour for the shuttle and hustling all the kit into the kabootle, but that's not even "walking around money" in comparison to the other option.

Following up on Capt BJ's post...

If you are renting a car in Florida, there are no one way fees applied. So if coming for MCO, for example (applies for any airport-Sanford/Melbourne/Tampa). Rent your car for 1 day from one of the majors that have an agency in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. On the morning of your cruise. drive the whole kit and kabootle to the agency. Turn in the car. They'll shuttle you to the port. On return, they'll pick you up and bring you back to the agency where you have reserved another car for the day to drive back to MCO (or your airport). Save a week's car rental and a week's parking. And yeah, it'll cost ya an extra half hour for the shuttle and hustling all the kit into the kabootle, but that's not even "walking around money" in comparison to the other option.

We may do this now. Rental prices have changed now, and would be less expensive at the moment doing two one way rentals. At the time we reserved before, the two week rental rate was only a small amount higher than two one ways.

Our issue is that we're staying with family in Florida until the following Saturday so that's where the longer term comes in

Edited by A2Mich