Shareholder Credit Question (CCL)

takeadip

If you are a U.S. veteran or a family member is a veteran join USAA (if not already a member). My DH is a vet and our son who is not a vet joined. No fee for the first 10(?) purchases/trades.

They also have great insurance rates for auto & home and banking online.

It is a great service for past and present U.S. military.

Do you know if it's necessary to be a career military retiree to join USAA or it's also for those who only served a couple of years?

Do you know if it's necessary to be a career military retiree to join USAA or it's also for those who only served a couple of years?

I believe the requirement is either currently active duty or honorable discharge. No need for career military

I believe the requirement is either currently active duty or honorable discharge. No need for career military

That reminds me, if you are either active military or received an honorable discharge, Princess will give you OBC on every cruise. Same amount as the Shareholder and they are combinable with each other, FCC, Loyalty, TA and any other OBC you can find.

That reminds me, if you are either active military or received an honorable discharge, Princess will give you OBC on every cruise. Same amount as the Shareholder and they are combinable with each other, FCC, Loyalty, TA and any other OBC you can find.

There is another qualification...2 years of active duty or 6 months in an active combat zone.

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.VLwHmUY76nM

Yes, it is great! We have had as much as $850 OBC.

Nope. My DH was in the Navy for 4 years.:D

Thanks...2 years in Navy with over a year on Yankee Station makes me eligible for the wonderful MOBC.

Yes, it is great! We have had as much as $850 OBC.

I always consider the total price when deciding on whether to book as a b2b or as a longer single cruise. We split our last month long cruise into a b2b resulting in $500 each for military & shareholder with a total of over $1600. :)

Thanks...2 years in Navy with over a year on Yankee Station makes me eligible for the wonderful MOBC.

I always consider the total price when deciding on whether to book as a b2b or as a longer single cruise. We split our last month long cruise into a b2b resulting in $500 each for military & shareholder with a total of over $1600. :)

I also include the OBC in the cost when deciding whether to book as one or two cruises. Sometimes I have found a significant difference.

The stock has been paying $1 per year per share dividend. Combine that with OBC and it's a good deal.

In less than 3 years I've received over 2/3 of my investment back in OBC plus my shares value has increased by over 50%. We cruise regularly & bought shares at a good price which may not apply at today's higher share price.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: We are looking to purchase 100 Shares of CCL stock hopefully next week. We have a 15 Day booking that sails mid March, between us we currently have $400 in OBC that was from a booking promotion. If we apply the Shareholder benefit to this booking will it be applied in addition to the $400 and raise the total of OBC to $650 or are there restrictions combining Promotions with Shareholder Benefits?

Question: We are looking to purchase 100 Shares of CCL stock hopefully next week. We have a 15 Day booking that sails mid March, between us we currently have $400 in OBC that was from a booking promotion. If we apply the Shareholder benefit to this booking will it be applied in addition to the $400 and raise the total of OBC to $650 or are there restrictions combining Promotions with Shareholder Benefits?

Yes, the Shareholder OBC can be combined with other OBC. So you would get $650

• 2 months later...

Just go ahead and FAX it. I do that and then, if the OBC doesn't show up in my cruise personalizer within a couple of days I call and ask them to send me an email confirmation. It helps if you have the number to reach the right people without fiddling around.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Edited by Thrak

• 1 month later...

Question, I have a cruise coming up, final payment has been paid. Sent in my info for shareholder credit, but was rejected. I faxed my original statement showing the purchase of the shares, but was rejected. Princess states to resend info from my latest statement. I don't want to show all my investments to Princess. I used my original statement for previous cruise and no problem. What does everyone else send in? Thank you in advance!

Question, I have a cruise coming up, final payment has been paid. Sent in my info for shareholder credit, but was rejected. I faxed my original statement showing the purchase of the shares, but was rejected. Princess states to resend info from my latest statement. I don't want to show all my investments to Princess. I used my original statement for previous cruise and no problem. What does everyone else send in? Thank you in advance!

I use a black marker pen to cover info they do not need or want from us.

"Cross out the brokerage account number on your statement before submitting. Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date".

Edited by Astro Flyer

Princess needs to see that you still have the stock shares from a recent dated investment statement. I usually copy the first page of my most recent statement and the page that has the CCL stock. I use a white tape marker (for re-writing over ink) and block/tape over the investment information I don't want to be seen. I circle in ink the CCL stock showing 100 shares, price, and date from first page. Both pages are then faxed with request for confirmation by email. Never a problem and print out confirmation email to take with on cruise in case it doesn't get posted to shipboard account.

Astro Flyer and dazee8, thank you very much for your input.

Greatly appreciated!!

You're welcome & processing requests can take as little as a couple of hours when submitting all of the required info with or without their application form.