? re: cabanas on Labadee

birdlord

I've been noticing some comments/posts about reserving cabanas on Labadee. Is this for a certain level member? (We're only Gold). If not, how does one go about reserving on -- I see it's not on the shore excursions -- so I assume you must do upon boarding -- but what desk do you go to?

I've been noticing some comments/posts about reserving cabanas on Labadee. Is this for a certain level member? (We're only Gold). If not, how does one go about reserving on -- I see it's not on the shore excursions -- so I assume you must do upon boarding -- but what desk do you go to?

There are two areas of cabanas on Labadee:

Barefoot Beach is limited to guests in Grand Suites or better, and Pinnacle C&A members. These are booked through the concierge.

Nellie's Beach is open to all. These used to be available on Royal's website, but I've read reports that people cannot find these on the website anymore. If they don't show up in your Cruise Planner, then go to the Explorations desk after you board.

There are only something like 25 cabanas if i recall. I had one i November at Nellie Beach, and there were 4 or 5 on each side of the lagoon (total 8-10).

I was in a suite, but chose Nellie over Barefoot as it was more active, but did get to go thru the gate to get the suite buffet that was setup, and noticed a few on the sand type cabanas, and a few over water cabanas.

SO my guess is they have no trouble filling them, and want to ensure suite guests get first crack, then open them up on sailing to anyone else interested.

There are only something like 25 cabanas if i recall. I had one i November at Nellie Beach, and there were 4 or 5 on each side of the lagoon (total 8-10).

I was in a suite, but chose Nellie over Barefoot as it was more active, but did get to go thru the gate to get the suite buffet that was setup, and noticed a few on the sand type cabanas, and a few over water cabanas.

SO my guess is they have no trouble filling them, and want to ensure suite guests get first crack, then open them up on sailing to anyone else interested.

Ah, I see what you are saying. They definitely don't show up on my cruise planner, so maybe they do wait for suite guests first -- I guess maybe before they would reserve too many on Nellie for standard room guests and have nothing left to over the suite guests if Barefoot beach cabanas were all reserved. I guess it makes sense. One of these days I have to budget in for a suite that gets the "special" treatments! I am not bitter; I completely understand why they do it.

How far out is your sail date? Twice in the past year we booked a Nellies Beach cabana online but we booked them a year before our sail date. If they are available online they sell out quickly so I would recommend that you check back often to see if they are available. If not, I would head to the excursion desk as soon as you board the ship! The cabanas really add to the experience and we have really enjoyed them.

Nellie's Beach is open to all. These used to be available on Royal's website, but I've read reports that people cannot find these on the website anymore. If they don't show up in your Cruise Planner, then go to the Explorations desk after you board.

The last I checked I could find them on the website, but they were unavailable for booking. Now that I'm under 100 days, maybe I'll look again. Looking forward to my first time back in Labadee since the pier.

How far out is your sail date? Twice in the past year we booked a Nellies Beach cabana online but we booked them a year before our sail date. If they are available online they sell out quickly so I would recommend that you check back often to see if they are available. If not, I would head to the excursion desk as soon as you board the ship! The cabanas really add to the experience and we have really enjoyed them.

11 months out. I'll keep checking.

Nellies Beach cabanas are available for all passengers. According to the people at the excursions desk, they now have to be reserved when you board, but who knows if that is really correct. Be sure to get there early and go to the excursions desk right away. On the Allure in October, I got the last hilltop available and it was 11:30. It was so worth the price.

We went to Labadee last June. We didn't book the cruise until the end of January. Amazingly, OTW Cabanas on Nellie's were still available at that time.

Has anyone tried calling RCI to book the cabanas? Maybe they've changed a policy, maybe the "time to book" just hasn't come up yet.

Personally, I don't think they should hold Nellie's cabanas "in case" more people in Suites want them. If they're open to everyone, they're open to everyone.

Booking solely on board doesn't make sense to me either. What does that accomplish except a long line at the excursion desk?

We stopped in Labadee in October and according to the calls I made to RCI, you could no longer book a Nellies Cabana online. I verified this with the excursion desk. But you know how it goes, many people can tell you the same thing and it is still wrong. They do not hold Nellies cabanas for suite guests, but some reserve one just in case they cannot get one on Barefoot. Maybe this is why they stopped offering them online.

On Navigator, the concierge told us that suites can book barefoot cabanas online in advance. Hoping this is the case. It's my understanding it can be done 6 months in advance when we can book specialty restaurants and excursions. If anyone can verify it, let me know!

On Navigator, the concierge told us that suites can book barefoot cabanas online in advance. Hoping this is the case. It's my understanding it can be done 6 months in advance when we can book specialty restaurants and excursions. If anyone can verify it, let me know!

That would be news to me. I've never seen Barefoot cabanas online, but who knows, maybe it's a new feature?

I don't know if it is still the case but the last time two times I was there I was able to obtain cabanas at Barefoot. Both times I got of the ship first thing in the morning and went to the gate at Barefoot and talked to the staff. They had cabans that weren't reserved and i was able to give them my card. I was Daimond but I was not staying in a suite.

Nellies Beach cabanas are available for all passengers. According to the people at the excursions desk, they now have to be reserved when you board, but who knows if that is really correct. Be sure to get there early and go to the excursions desk right away. On the Allure in October, I got the last hilltop available and it was 11:30. It was so worth the price.

Even without the enhanced buffet? (I'm considering splurging for one once just to try it)

I've had a heck of a time getting a cabana for our February cruise. I have been looking and phoning regularly since we booked, almost a year ago. No luck. Last cruise I was able to book one a year in advance. This time I get a different answer every time I phone. The latest is that they are released at different times for each ship because it is the decision of the excursions person for each ship, not a company wide policy. I think that guy made that up.

I'm told they can't say if they're sold or not, and that I should line up when I board. I'm not sure if I want to spend my time waiting in a line for nothing. If I thought there was a chance, I'd definitely wait, but if there's no chance I wish they'd just say so.

We went to Labadee last June. We didn't book the cruise until the end of January. Amazingly, OTW Cabanas on Nellie's were still available at that time.

Has anyone tried calling RCI to book the cabanas? Maybe they've changed a policy, maybe the "time to book" just hasn't come up yet.

Personally, I don't think they should hold Nellie's cabanas "in case" more people in Suites want them. If they're open to everyone, they're open to everyone.

Booking solely on board doesn't make sense to me either. What does that accomplish except a long line at the excursion desk?

I could always try calling; never hurts. When I have some private time at work, I'll do that.

. I'm not sure if I want to spend my time waiting in a line for nothing. If I thought there was a chance, I'd definitely wait, but if there's no chance I wish they'd just say so.

Yes, I hear you on this -- I was thinking the same thing while at lunch. Why stand in line for nothing -- I want to start exploring the ship when I board.

That would be news to me. I've never seen Barefoot cabanas online, but who knows, maybe it's a new feature?

This is Nellies, but I just got off the site and it was the same for barefoot.

nellie.jpg

Edited by BillOh

Both times I got of the ship first thing in the morning and went to the gate at Barefoot and talked to the staff. They had cabans that weren't reserved and i was able to give them my card. I was Daimond but I was not staying in a suite.

Did you already have a Nellie's reserved, or not reservation at all? I may try this.

Last month you could not book online for the Liberty. You had to do it through the concierge. Best bet was to email them one to two weeks in advance. The LOS was the only ship there that day, people were able to walk up to Roberto (Barefoot Beach concierge) at Barefoot Beach and book a cabana. In fact some were not used at all that day.

Edited by redcrown

We have the Indy booked for Feb 28th and we booked our cabana on nellies beach last July. There are a few people on our roll call that also have them booked. I am not in a suite. I am not sure if Royal changed the booking process for cabanas sinced we booked.