OBC/Personalizer

rocker57

I put $1000 yesterday for our OBC, it is not showing in my personalizer. Will it show up there, and if so, does it take a few days before showing?

I did ask when I purchased it yesterday to send me an email confirming it, but even though she said she did it, I haven't received it, so I am going to call again. No surprise, it does already show on my online banking, they make sure that goes quickly. If it shows up in the personalizer, then I wouldn't worry about it so much, but I like to have all my paperwork with me when it involves money :)

The OBC that you buy will not show up on your personalizer. I just put some down for our cruise as well. Call again for the confirmation email, sometimes it has issues sending. Bring the confirmation with you and check your balance when you get on board. If it isn't there, you'll have the paperwork you need to get it corrected.

I redeemed credit on my Princess Visa for my cruise in February and it doesn't show up in my Personalizer. I always bring copies of any confirmation of OBC, including my shareholder request even though it shows up in my Personalizer. I've boarded a cruise when even with the confirmations, neither my FCC nor shareholder OBCs were applied. On that cruise, they added up to $400... nothing to sneeze at and worth fighting for. I had to have my TA contact Princess for the FCC OBC and I had to show a copy of my fax and confirmation for the shareholder OBC before anything would be applied.

"Never assume." That's my second mantra right behind "Follow the money." :)

Edited by Pam in CA

I redeemed credit on my Princess Visa for my cruise in February and it doesn't show up in my Personalizer. I always bring copies of any confirmation of OBC, including my shareholder request even though it shows up in my Personalizer. I've boarded a cruise when even with the confirmations, neither my FCC nor shareholder OBCs were applied. On that cruise, they added up to $400... nothing to sneeze at and worth fighting for. I had to have my TA contact Princess for the FCC OBC and I had to show a copy of my fax and confirmation for the shareholder OBC before anything would be applied.

"Never assume." That's my second mantra right behind "Follow the money." :)

As always, very useful info...a recent post said they could view their Princess Visa credit in their Cruise Summary.

I've cashed in Princess Visa points several times for OBC, and it's always been posted to my personalizer within a week. It usually doesn't show under the 'OBC' tab, but rather when you go to the link to print out your 'travel summary', it will be listed there. I've always printed that out and taken it on board with me just in case, but we've never had a problem.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151457

Edited by Astro Flyer

As always, very useful info...a recent post said they could view their Princess Visa credit in their Cruise Summary.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151457

As I noted in the other thread going on Princess Visa OBC redemption, that is shown on the PDF 'Travel Summary'. You have to click on the PDF link to print the summary, and usually at the very bottom it will list the Visa OBC. You have to really look for it! It's not simply listed on the personalizer OBC tab.

I put $1000 yesterday for our OBC, it is not showing in my personalizer. Will it show up there, and if so, does it take a few days before showing?

When you purchase OBC for yourself, you are actually gifting yourself the OBC.

Princess does not list gift OBC in the personalizer because the one making the gift may want it to be a surprise to the receiver when he/she boards the ship.

Yes, it would be nice if they made it an option for gift OBC to be listed or not in the personalizer.

It's frustrating and unnerving, but that OBC probably won't show up on your Personalizer. It's important that you print your receipt as proof to bring with you onboard in case your OBC doesn't appear. If you booked through a TA, she may be able to view your OBC a different way and print her screen for you as proof.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app