Michael's Club for suite guests-we were just on the Eclipse in December and enjoyed t

Hawkeye hfx

No pin, the concierge has a list of those sailing in the suites. The security photo they take as you board the ship is also in the system to help identify you.

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Forums mobile app

Sounds great cant wait as long as they keep the rif raf out things will be the way they should be:) its about time they gave us suit dwellers a place to be with are own kind no sence in mingling with the others:eek:

I think your point is quite valid.

When we were on Reflection last October, many of those who were in the Ensemble Lounge for Happy Hour would sit in the chairs right outside Michael's Club and stare at those who were inside. There were regulars in MC who would come in each evening and sit in the area where no one could see them.

I thought I read some where that X was going to glaze the doors and windows so that those in MC wouldn't feel as if they were in a fishbowl.

Has it occurred to those reporting back in a negative way that the majority of people using Michael's Club are not really that keen on being in a part of a peepshow entertainment and, consequently, the chairs closest to the door are under utilised. Only the unfortunate concierge is force to sit there. We only sat in the seats easily seen from the door whilst waiting to speak to the concierge.

Has it occurred to those reporting back in a negative way that the majority of people using Michael's Club are not really that keen on being in a part of a peepshow entertainment and, consequently, the chairs closest to the door are under utilised. Only the unfortunate concierge is force to sit there. We only sat in the seats easily seen from the door whilst waiting to speak to the concierge.

Oh good heavens - that's some thin skin. First, politely asking if others have found the space underutilized is quite a big leap from being 'negative' I think.

As to a peepshow, really?!?!? Are suite guests so special that we cannot glance into a room when walking by because they might risk being seen?? No one is talking about standing there staring into the room, or putting our noses up against the glass. Are we supposed to wear blinders when we walk past?? Geez.

And to someone who wondered, I was on M class so the entirety of Michaels was easily seen. I understand it would be different on S class.

Thanks CYNBAR for the report on Michaels club. We will be on Connie in March in our first Celebrity Suite and are looking forward to a nice quiet drink before dinner in Michael's This might be our only chance. It is a surprise for G. as he thinks we are in a Concierge!

And to someone who wondered, I was on M class so the entirety of Michaels was easily seen. I understand it would be different on S class.

Having been in Michael's Club on S class ships (2) and most recently on M class Summit, I do not believe that passengers walking by on Summit can see all areas unless you are stopping to look in every window or door so it hard to know the actual number of suite passengers using at any given time. S class, in my estimate, would be that you can see 50% of seats or slightly less if stopping to look in the one available door.

Consider that Michaels Club, on Summit, is located where most guests going to and from the theatre pass by and it seems it may not have occurred to some that suite guests may be enjoying dinner or already seated in theatre during what might be considered prime time....

MC certainly has time frames where it may look underutilized however on multiple occasions we (or 1 of us waiting on the other) have walked in where most every 2 person area is occupied.

My estimation on prior years of sailing where MC was public that there is more utilization now than before except in the rare instance when there was some special entertainment was in Michael's Club. We were a big fan of MC before because it was mostly a "hideaway" bar for 2 or may 6 if there was a crowd! Bobbi

Thanks CYNBAR for the report on Michaels club. We will be on Connie in March in our first Celebrity Suite and are looking forward to a nice quiet drink before dinner in Michael's This might be our only chance. It is a surprise for G. as he thinks we are in a Concierge!

Hi Dorene, how are you and Gary? I think you'll like MC, you can get a drink anywhere on the ship but here it is never crowded, service is always good. Your concierge will take care of miscellaneous things for you so that you never have to stand in line --replacing a key card, getting a printout, making a reservation, whatever. You'll be offered canapés before dinner, a nice touch. And, there will be a cooler with water and sodas, bottles of wine and beer, all sorts of cold drinks that you can just grab and take with you. We didn't thunk it was that bog a deal until we tried it, but now we re hooked. Have a great cruise!

I think your point is quite valid.

When we were on Reflection last October, many of those who were in the Ensemble Lounge for Happy Hour would sit in the chairs right outside Michael's Club and stare at those who were inside. There were regulars in MC who would come in each evening and sit in the area where no one could see them.

I thought I read some where that X was going to glaze the doors and windows so that those in MC wouldn't feel as if they were in a fishbowl.

Never felt like I was in a fish bowl wherever I sat. Frankly I never paid any attention to who was outside the door, I was too busy enjoying my drinks and the conversation of whoever I was with. Having a more limited number of people regularly using the same bar did have the advantage that you got to know most of the others at least to pass the time of day with. Other than that, like most other people on board of what ever cabin persuasion, most of us were just getting on with our vacation without questioning it much.

As for how full it was, it varied. There was seldom no one there when we used it but on occasions it was a quiet haven and on others it was packed. On all occasions it was like being in your local bar where you almost always see someone you know and the barman instantly greets you by name and knows not only your favourite drink for that particular time of day but just how you like it.

Only problem was I occasionally had to get in quick to let him know I was going to have something different or my 'usual' would have been in front of me before I sat down.

Just wondering what the policy was on removing drinks from Michael's Club? I've read that Clubs on some ships allowed it and some did not.

Diane

You're supposed to be allowed. We were told the ships where we weren't allowed to take drink out were not following the proper procedure and it was a mis-communication between F&B who runs the bar and Guest services who runs the lounge that was being addressed.

And to someone who wondered, I was on M class so the entirety of Michael s was easily seen. I understand it would be different on S class.

As was previously stated, you can't see all of Michael's club on M-class, unless you really look hard, stand by a window, etc.

Finally, guests are not typically allowed in Michael's Club, but we had a few occasions where our guests were invited in by the concierge.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

OK, so let's get serious and get down to the good stuff...

Champagne: will they serve DP?

Best scotch?

Best red wine?

Best port?

Best cognac?

Best caviar?

Seriously? I can't tell if your serious.

If the Club Lounge at the RC in HK doesn't provide this level of service, you think Celebrity is?

They don't keep the best of any of these things onboard, and frankly the best red wine would be ruined on a ship. The wine would need to be still and settled. Rocking around on a moving boat would kill a truly fine wine.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Seriously? I can't tell if your serious.

If the Club Lounge at the RC in HK doesn't provide this level of service, you think Celebrity is?

They don't keep the best of any of these things onboard, and frankly the best red wine would be ruined on a ship. The wine would need to be still and settled. Rocking around on a moving boat would kill a truly fine wine.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is more expensive than the Ritz in HK...and more limited. They keep all these things on board, and the rocking and rolling don't hurt a bit, if anything it will increase the aeration, but they have plenty of fine wines which can be fully enjoyed.

On Infinity in December the champagne was from California (didn't think they could call it champagne if it wasn't from Champagne in France, but ...) and it was sort of ok. The Prosecco was real and better. Limited selection of red and white wines, nothing out of the quite ordinary, but all kept at the correct temperatures.

Decent selection of blended and malt scotch whiskies and various brandies. We even had a Johnny Walker tasting session that included blue label ... but of course blue label wasn't normally available in Michael's!

I do think better wines should be offered. My wife could get her favourites white wine - not an expensive one - on her standard drink package but not in Michael's.

Celebrity is making huge steps forward in keeping suite class passengers happy - we now have three more cruises booked with them. But they still need to understand that cruise class passengers are accustomed to better quality drinks. In our Royal Suite I had two litres of the cheapest spirits available. Crazy. I gave it away and went and drank the scotch I wanted in Michael's, so no saving to them. So I don't think the writing is yet quite joined-up.

Edited by Balloon Man

LOL this thread is pretty funny- the canapes were horrendous, as for the drinks I can't tell you I only drink beer.

If you like sitting in a dark room with pretentious people this might be the place for you. At least that it is was for me.

And yes other passengers will open the door either looking for friends or just looking around to see what that room is about.

One question:

Do they have an addendum in the daily for MC things? One post mentioned a scotch tasting thing. I will be all over that if it happens!

You will receive a phone call or invitation from the MC Concierge.

Some like it, some don't but why someone who doesn't like something needs to knock it, I don't get. If you don't like it, don't go? My feeling is that Michael's is less about the room or the privilege and more about the people that are in it. If the people are fun to be with the room will be great, if not, bleh.

Make it what you want.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You will receive a phone call or invitation from the MC Concierge.

Some like it, some don't but why someone who doesn't like something needs to knock it, I don't get. If you don't like it, don't go? My feeling is that Michael's is less about the room or the privilege and more about the people that are in it. If the people are fun to be with the room will be great, if not, bleh.

Make it what you want.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You have hit the nail on the head. On the Century around 1/2 of the eligible guests were regulars and we all got on like a house on fire.

One couple went on to sail on another century boat a week later and we caught up with them after that and they described michaels as meh - but recognised it really was about the company.

And for the poster who declare michaels club to be full of the pretentious, several among our crowd were proud P&O bogans :););):eek:

Thanks for the answer needstobespoiled. I typed your user name with a straight face too! ;)

Anyway, there are some people you just can't please and some that think that the world owes them something. I love trying to talk with pretentious people. The result goes one of two ways:

1. They leave and avoid you from then on.

2. They loosen up and become enjoyable!

Either way is a win in my book!

Never heard the phrase "proud P&O bogan" before. I found the word "bogan." However, putting the P&O in front of it? I'm thinking the USA english translation would be "proud working class Joe." Am I close?:confused:

Never heard the phrase "proud P&O bogan" before. I found the word "bogan." However, putting the P&O in front of it? I'm thinking the USA english translation would be "proud working class Joe." Am I close?:confused:

P&O operate a small number of boats out of australia year round, the passenger numbers are frequently high in bogans.

Formal wear for a bogan is small black shorts, singlet and flip flops - you can tell its formal because their best of each has less paint splatters on them :)

Thanks for the answer needstobespoiled. I typed your user name with a straight face too! ;)

Anyway, there are some people you just can't please and some that think that the world owes them something. I love trying to talk with pretentious people. The result goes one of two ways:

1. They leave and avoid you from then on.

2. They loosen up and become enjoyable!

Either way is a win in my book!

How do you know if people are pretentious if you've never met or spoken to them?

P&O operate a small number of boats out of australia year round, the passenger numbers are frequently high in bogans.

Formal wear for a bogan is small black shorts, singlet and flip flops - you can tell its formal because their best of each has less paint splatters on them :)

LOL @ "Bogan" making it onto the Cruise Critic Forums. I wonder if they serve VB on board....

I did not mean to insult anyone. We were in MC a few months after it was closed off. I forgot that we actually went to MC one other time on our cruise when the DW wanted some drink that was not on the CBP.

Some of the comments we "overheard" actually my DW did she is a teacher and has great ears, as a old Army guy I can barely hear. I am paraphrasing:

"I am so glad we have somewhere to go that all the other people are not allowed in"

"I wonder if the PH people are in here?" [ we were in one of the PH's maybe they thought we were celebrities]

"My name is Dr so and so" 2 mins later "I am a Dr in Miami" 2 mins later "That is wonderful, since I am a Dr my inbox/voice mail/kitty litter will be full when I arrive home"

Just not my cup of tea, it may of changed since or maybe it was just a bad bunch. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Now that's funny!!!!!!! LMAO!!