Dynamic Dining, please explain

I'm with you. I don't fully understand it but I don't think I'd like it. I prefer sitting at the same table every evening with the same dinner mates.

I'd love to hear how it works. If you have to pick a different venue every evening, that means that if you and your husband want different kinds of food, one of you will be disappointed.

Really not so bad. We are on Quantum now. My first experience with anything other than traditional dining. We made all our reservations as soon as they were opened I guess back in May. So far only one hiccup when the resturant was overbooked, but we were comped Chops Grille for dinner, so it all worked out.

Would someone please explain to me how dynamic dining works? I'm not sure if I would like it, but my friend went on a Disney cruise and loved it ( or at least their version of it.)

I really don't think dynamic dining is similar to disney's rotational dining. With disney, you keep the same waitstaff and I believe you go at the same time each night, but you rotate through different restaurants. Dynamic dining is just like eating at land based restaurants.

Because you book time/days for each venue I'd think you could REQUEST a waiter/waitress, but keep in mind they stay in a certain restaurant, so you'd have to stay at the same venue.

I know some people like the idea. I tried to give it an honest go on Quantum and I still don't like it. For me, I'd rather have a big table of folks I get to know each night, and the same wait staff to get to know a little.

Sure, you can say "we'd like to share with others" but in our experience we had one night where the two of us sat at a table for 10 and no one else joined us, and then two other nights where people were brought up to the table who then thumbed their noses and requested to be seated alone in front of us (quite rude and disheartening). We only had one night on our 12 night sailing where it worked out that we had a large table of people to talk to. At breakfasts/lunches there was a little more occasion to sit with others, but not much. *sigh*

Judy

We really like the traditional dining experience we have always had on RCI. Its so enjoyable to have the same wait staff every night and develop a relationship with them as the cruise progresses. I like being able to look forward to seeing the different menu each night.

It is said that with DD you get to go to a different restaurant every night, with a different table, a different wait staff, and a different menu every night. HELLO? I can do that at home!

I'm glad it may be awhile before they initiate this fleet wide. However, for us, it will be just one more reason that we are no longer be (as they say)...loyal to Royal.

We are ,however, very much looking forward to our April cruise on the Navigator. Blessings to all, and Happy Cruising! :)

If Royal wants to roll DD out to the whole fleet at some point, it's time to try other Cruise Lines. It's nice to have the selection of food to choose from. But all the work of making REz and decisions of where to eat on what night is what I want to get away from on a cruise.