The $12 daily gratuity

Dan1113

The $12 covers your cabin attendant, waiter, ass't waiter and head waiter. Any drink you buy will have 15% added to the cost. If you buy a drink package, 15% is added to the cost of the package. Yes...if your package is "given" to you, the tips will have been included.

So - the 15% (on drinks) is included, but NOT the $12 a day that is added to your cabin, correct?

Does that mean that the price that RC is listing for the drinks package online does not include this 15%?!

Edited by Dan1113

So - the 15% (on drinks) is included, but NOT the $12 a day that is added to your cabin, correct?

Does that mean that the price that RC is listing for the drinks package online does not include this 15%?!

why would the drink package have anything to do with your servers and cabin attendant?

why would the drink package have anything to do with your servers and cabin attendant?

Because that is the impression one could take from the wording of the current 'All inclusive' promotion on RCI UK web site which states

"Catch a West End show, sky dive in the middle of the ocean, and savour cuisine from around the world on the ultimate all-inclusive holiday.

With drinks and tips also included, you can relax knowing every part of your holiday is taken care of."

Because that is the impression one could take from the wording of the current 'All inclusive' promotion on RCI UK web site which states

"Catch a West End show, sky dive in the middle of the ocean, and savour cuisine from around the world on the ultimate all-inclusive holiday.

With drinks and tips also included, you can relax knowing every part of your holiday is taken care of."

The current uk package includes both the drinks package and the $12 per day gratuity for stateroom attendant/waiter etc. Normally the 2 aren't linked but with this deal both are included.

The current uk package includes both the drinks package and the $12 per day gratuity for stateroom attendant/waiter etc. Normally the 2 aren't linked but with this deal both are included.

If this is correct the OP will be chuffed ;). The confusion arises purely out of RCI's inability to make things clear :rolleyes:

If this is correct the OP will be chuffed ;). The confusion arises purely out of RCI's inability to make things clear :rolleyes:

according the the statement you quoted, it is clear. All inclusive is what it means.

This isn't available to US bookings.

A good reason to have a separate sticky for non USA booking questions

Man I wish people would stop answering questions about tipping like this. Sniping at strangers who have legitimate questions :confused::(

Did I understand correctly that this is included in the price of the drinks packages, if you buy one of them?

Is it also included if you get a drinks package via an all inclusive offer?

Thanks!

No the gratuities are included with the Drinks package the 15% but the 12.00 are extra and added for each guest per day for the Waiters,Stewards etc. But it seems that it is included in the UK package so my bad. Good Deal.

Edited by Folk Singer

No the gratuities are included with the Drinks package the 15% but the 12.00 are extra and added for each guest per day for the Waiters,Stewards etc. But it seems that it is included in the UK package so my bad. Good Deal.

In most foreign countries the tips (drinks only) are included for the drink packages in an inclusive one up price.

The USA amount adds the amount at point of sale for the packages.

USA $49 + 15%

Australia $58 including tips

(example amounts only)

DRINK PACKAGE has the daily cost PLUS 15% added to the total bill. So there are no other tips needed or added when getting a beverage.

The $12 is for cabin and dining and is separate. Since I'm not sure what the UK is offering, I'm guessing it's like Celebrity's 1,2,3GO where you get 1)a drink package (drink gratuities included) AND 2) you get the daily gratuities (that are charged for the cabin stewards and dining staff throughout the ship). The "3" is an OBC. And based on cabin category you get 1 or in the case of concierge and above you get all 3 promos.

DRINK PACKAGE has the daily cost PLUS 15% added to the total bill. So there are no other tips needed or added when getting a beverage.

The $12 is for cabin and dining and is separate. Since I'm not sure what the UK is offering, I'm guessing it's like Celebrity's 1,2,3GO where you get 1)a drink package (drink gratuities included) AND 2) you get the daily gratuities (that are charged for the cabin stewards and dining staff throughout the ship). The "3" is an OBC. And based on cabin category you get 1 or in the case of concierge and above you get all 3 promos.

Cool.:):)

The confusion lies in the culture regarding tipping. In the USA we tip for almost every thing at about 20%. In Europe and many other countries tipping is done much differently. Generally smaller amounts or not at all depending on the service being provided and the location in which it's happening.

I think we must all consider that when asking questions (especially by non-US Cruisers) both the OP make it clear what they are referring to as well as the responders to avoid confusion. There is no need to get snippy or arrogant.

In most of Europe it is normal to just round up to the nearest euro or pound as tips unless they have done a really good job. That is why many Europeans get in "trouble" when they travel to the US because they simply do not know that the tip is a big part of the salary.

So for me and i imagine many other Europeans, such threads are very interesting to read :)

In most of Europe it is normal to just round up to the nearest euro or pound as tips unless they have done a really good job. That is why many Europeans get in "trouble" when they travel to the US because they simply do not know that the tip is a big part of the salary.

So for me and i imagine many other Europeans, such threads are very interesting to read :)

You are so right.

And when I travel to your neck of the woods, I would not know the specific cultural proper behaviors and probably would make a fool of myself from being ignorant.

It is only by becoming familiar with norms would I know what to do or not.

Thanks for your view.

But, tipping here is always a hot topic, and no matter what --- everyone has so many diffierent opinions.

Safe travels.